Summersville was a small town in Appalachia, with a population of 724 on the eve of the Great War. The seat of Nicholas County, the town was founded in 1824 and named after Lewis Summers, a local judge. After the war, it became a haven for violence and raider ambushes, such as on members of the Order of Mysteries before 2102.
Before the war, the town utilized an automated voting system for the upcoming election, including multiple voting tents and booths. The rooftops contain multiple makeshift camps, which include a weapons workbench and an armor workbench.
The town is divided into four quarters by the roads passing through it and bounded by the hillside to the east and remnants of the reservoir to the west. There is also a fair amount of loot, a note to collect, and a cooking station to use.
The northern half of the town includes voter services tents to the west, overlooking the reservoir, right next to the church, and a graveyard in the back. A house where VTU doctoral candidate Aaliyah lived is located at the far northern end and contains an experimental schematic which is part of the quest Trade Secrets. The rest of this part of the town consists of run-down residential and commercial building.
The western quadrant includes an overgrown playground and an accessible laundromat and ice cream parlor, with a sniper's nest set up on top of the southeastern corner. On the opposite side of the road are a jewelry store and an apartment block on the southern end, with a steamer trunk inside. The northern end of this quarter includes a delicatessen, dry cleaning service, and another voting tent.
- The big day - Holotape, on a bench at the end of town overlooking the dry lake.
- Voting flier - Note, on a table in front of the voting machine tent.
- Experimental Pip-Boy schematic - Quest item, in the basement of the house at the far northern end of town.
- Potential Vault-Tec bobblehead - Lying next to an outhouse behind a light blue house on the northwest side of the city (fully zoomed in, it's directly on the left-hand side of the 87A route sign on the map).
- Old ring - On a bench south of Summerville, in the grass overlooking a dry lake. It is underneath a hat which must be taken before the old ring can even be seen.
- Approximately 145 burnt books and 116 burnt textbooks in the house at the far northern end of town.
Summersville appears only in Fallout 76.
Behind the scenes
Summersville and other locations of the namesake are a reference to the real world location of Summersville, West Virginia.
- Summersville, West Virginia on Wikipedia