|For an overview of submachine gun models, see submachine gun.|
The submachine gun's high rate of fire can quickly damage enemies at the cost of having little individual shot damage, going through ammo rapidly, and having sub-par range.
- Spray n' Pray - a unique weapon, sold by the wandering merchant Cricket.
- Silver submachine gun - clean model with a silver gleam, part of the quest The Silver Shroud.
- In the Wreck of the USS Riptide, one can be found next to the skeletal remains of a soldier at the barge's front end (respawns).
- Sold by Arturo Rodriguez in Diamond City.
- A submachine gun can be found in a display case in the gun shop at Forest Grove marsh (on the first floor of the central building with the glowing red light antenna on top). (respawns)
- Carried by most of the Neighborhood Watch in Goodneighbor.
- In Vault 114, this weapon is commonly used by the Triggermen inside. Some higher level raiders use the submachine gun as well.
- Commonly carried by Triggermen and raiders.
- basement armory. One can be found in the
- The submachine gun deals the same damage as a similarly modified automatic pipe gun, but with over double the potential ammunition capacity. Rounds are also found commonly, like the .38 rounds.
- In the game files, the submachine gun's model is labeled "Tgun."