Background[edit | edit source]
An escaped synth, Sturges is a talented repairman, capable of fixing anything that passes through his hands. He also possesses considerable knowledge of the pre-War world, but unfortunately, all that knowledge does not translate into hacking or lock picking talents. He was a long-time handyman in Quincy before the city fell to the Gunners, responsible for restoring power armor frames bought from the Atom Cats garage to full functionality. After the Minutemen's arrival and routing the initial Gunner attackers, he lamented that the one he had on hand couldn't be used to lift lumber to fortify the defenses across the city.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Sanctuary: Sturges tasks the Sole Survivor with building the basic needs for the new settlement to survive.
- The Molecular Level: If the Sole Survivor decides to build the Relay Interceptor with the help of the Minutemen, Sturges will aid in the construction and operation of the machine.
- Inside Job: The Sole Survivor is tasked by Sturges to upload a special holotape into an Institute computer, so he can download information from their mainframe. This quest is only given if the Minutemen are chosen to help build the teleporter in The Molecular Level.
- The Nuclear Option: Sturges accompanies the Sole Survivor, Preston, and the Minutemen during the attack on the Institute.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Utility coveralls||Pipe gun or
Pipe bolt-action or
Notes[edit | edit source]
- He can be seen encouraging Jun Long and telling him that he'll be fine, concerned about his depression. Jun Long then will apologize for being a burden. This event repeats itself.
- Sturges will give the Sole Survivor an automatic laser musket after finishing the main questline if they sided with the Minutemen.
- Sturges' terminal can be located in Quincy ruins, inside the church.
- Sturges can be assigned to normal settler tasks in Sanctuary Hills.
- Although Sturges can be ordered to move to a new settlement, the command does not work correctly. Sturges does not physically move to the other settlement. Instead, he is unassigned from any current job and idles in Sanctuary (hammering house walls). His population count is removed from Sanctuary and added to the intended settlement. If he is then assigned from idle activity to a work assignment, his population count is removed from the intended destination and added back to Sanctuary.
- Sturges makes a remark when passing Red Rocket truck stop during When Freedom Calls, stating that he is the only settler that can be moved between settlements, which suggests his ideal place is the truck stop.
- While essential during gameplay, Sturges will drop a synth component if killed, the same as other generation 3 synths.
- Because of this, Sturges has the Synth trait in Fallout Shelter Online.
- At some point in the development of Fallout 4, Sturges' name was spelled with two S's at the end. This can be seen in concept art.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One Sturges, as well as other Sanctuary settlers, will sometimes teleport onto the roof of the house with the workbenches, and the only way to reach him is by making a staircase. The cause seems to be from the game spawning two characters in the same location (one will stand on the other's head) upon fast-traveling to Sanctuary, then one character trying to climb in place, which teleports one of them straight up and they land on the roof. [verified]
- Fast traveling can sometimes fix this issue.
- Leaving a stairway to the roof, then a 2nd 2-step stairs from the roof to eve will allow him and others that get teleported up there to climb down.
- Any character who gets stuck on a roof can be pushed down without being attacked by going into build mode, picking up a turret, and using it to push the character off the edge of the roof.
- PC Xbox One After The Molecular Level is complete, Sturges will be non-assignable, and if the teleporter is built in another place, he will automatically teleport to Sanctuary Hills. [verified]
- This may be fixed on PC by opening the console and type in: prid 0001a4d8.moveto player while on the desired settlement, setpv bcommandable 1 and fast travel as far away as possible from the settlement and fast travel back to it.
- Playstation 4 Sturges may relocate to the Castle after destroying the Institute with the help of the Minutemen and will stand in the courtyard near the radio tower. He will not move or sleep and cannot be assigned to any jobs, but will count as 1 settler in the player's population.[verified]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]