|For an overview of shotgun models, see shotgun.|
A shotgun, also called a "scattergun," is a firearm designed to shoot a multitude of lead or steel balls of varying sizes, greatly increasing the weapon's hit potential. This makes it very effective at hunting game.[Fallout 2d20 1] However, the accuracy and power found at close range starts to diminish as the target gets farther away. Shotguns designed for the military's use are often called "combat shotguns."
This weapon is an "over-and-under" shotgun with a pattern/logo cut into the stock and an engraving of two birds on the frame. Despite its rough appearance, this caravan shotgun is extremely durable, with more than twice the item health of a normal caravan shotgun, hence the name. There is some sort of tally mark scratched into both the back of the gun and beside the trigger. The gun is duct-taped at its butt and at a crack in the wood closest to the barrel.
The sturdy caravan shotgun can fire a total of about 1495 standard rounds, the equivalent of 748 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
|Standard, 3/0 buck, slug & pulse slug||1495||748|
|Magnum & 3/0 buck Magnum||1300||650|
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Sturdy caravan shotgun||50|
- The caravan shotgun uses a screw as an iron sight. The raised off-center piece is the release allowing the gun to break and be reloaded.
- This gun is significantly more durable than a standard caravan shotgun, but significantly less accurate.
- This weapon is not affected by the Shotgun Surgeon or And Stay Back perks.
- Fixed with JSawyer.
- Damage done with the sturdy caravan shotgun is not counted towards the I've Got Shotgun challenge.
At times, the weapon will detach from the player's back if unequipped, and out of the players hands if equipped, and float in mid-air if viewed in third-person view. [verified]
- Fallout 2d20 Rulebook p. 98: "Before the Great War, double-barrel shotguns were mainly used for hunting and home defense, and this has changed little. They are break-action and come in an either a side-by-side or over-and-under barrel configuration. Simple to make and maintain, these shotguns are seen frequently in the Commonwealth and the rest of the wasteland."