Strong is a super mutant and a possible companion in Fallout 4. He can be found locked up in a cell at the top of Trinity Tower along with his teacher, Rex Goodman, where the two have been imprisoned by other super mutants.
A usual-looking super mutant, Strong seeks to find the "milk of human kindness". This is a line from the play Macbeth (Act 1:Scene 5), cited to him by Rex Goodman while trying to teach the super mutants about William Shakespeare's plays. Strong seems to have taken this metaphor a bit more literally and believes that if he can find the milk and drink it, it will gift super mutants the strength that have made humans successful. Strong is proficient with heavy weapons, like missile launchers.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is a temporary companion.|
|This character is a permanent companion. They grant the - perk.|
|This character is a doctor.|
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: -|
|This character can repair items.||Repair cap: -|
|This character can modify weapons.||
|This character rents beds.||Cost: - caps.|
|This character starts quests.||
|This character is involved in quests.|
Effects of player's actions
- The Sole Survivor can free Strong from his cell during Curtain Call. After completion of the quest, he becomes available as a companion.
- Eventually as his approval of the Sole Survivor increases, he will admit that he has learned to respect them.
- Finally, once he idolizes the Sole Survivor, he will tell he has made the decision to make the Sole Survivor his leader, and his Berserk perk will be given.
- Picking an unowned lock worsens Strong's opinion of the player character.
Range of interests
Short automatic pipe rifle
Automatic Assault rifle
|.38 round x13
5.56mm round x9
- If Strong is dismissed without sending him to a chosen settlement, he will return to the lobby level of Trinity Tower.
- Strong will give the Sole Survivor various meats much akin to the sweets that Piper gives.
- Strong can wear most super mutant armor and prefers melee weapons over guns, although he does not mind hunting and laser rifles.
- If a chemistry station is present, Strong will use it continually until interrupted.
- In the quest Curtain Call, upon trying to interact with Strong before completing the objective he has set, he replies "Go Away, Bleeder!" which is exactly what Fawkes in Fallout 3 would say upon reaching him before the quest to retrieve the G.E.C.K. was initiated.
- While he never outright disapproves, Strong is very vocal about disliking the Sole Survivor looting things other than freshly-killed corpses. He considers anything made by humans to be junk. This is not particularly unique to Strong, and the comments come from the type of item rather than if it is looted from a fresh kill or not. All companions will make some type of comment when the Sole Survivor loots Junk; some like Strong, Preston and MacCready consider it useless, while others like Piper are more optimistic about how the Survivor can use it. He also does not understand why the Sole Survivor picks up magazines and questions why anyone would even bother to look at words.
- Strong believes that, when their time comes, the super mutants will eventually kill everything on Earth.
- If Strong follows the Sole Survivor to give Virgil the antidote, he will join in on the conversation.
- Due to the encompassing range of his dislikes, Strong can be a difficult companion to garner admiration from since most of these actions are sometimes hard to avoid when exploring ruins or negotiating with NPCs.
- If taken to the corpse of the Sole Survivor's spouse, he will not say anything.
- Strong is voiced by the same actor that plays Son Goku in the Funimation dub of Dragon Ball Z. Sean Schemmel.
Strong appears only in Fallout 4.
- PC If sending Strong to a settlement with 0 population, water, and food he will vanish from the game after a couple of days. The only way to fix is to summon him via console command. [verification overdue]
- PC A possible fix is to build food and water and then wait several days. [verification overdue]
- PC Another possible fix if a bed is not present is to build a bed then save and reload while away from the settlement (this was tested at the Red Rocket truck stop). [verification overdue]
- PC On some occasions, the message showing that Strong likes/dislikes this does not appear even when a certain amount of time for that action has past, thereby making it even more difficult to gain his Berserk perk. [verification overdue]
- PC Entering a suit of power armor can result in Strong's approval skyrocketing upward, despite the game saying he dislikes it.