He is a Legion agent that has been sent to pick up a package from the Van Graffs. Given his role, it is likely that he is a disguised Frumentarius, serving under Vulpes Inculta. Killing the strange man results in no Karma loss, but Caesar's Legion infamy is gained.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Birds of a Feather: The Courier is sent to deliver a package by the Van Graffs to this man. With a Speech check, one can make him pay 200 bottle caps in exchange for the package.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Merc cruiser outfit|
- After handing off the package, the strange man can be found waiting outside Raul's shack.
- Sometimes, he can be found dead due to the golden geckos nearby.
- His merc cruiser outfit has a DT of 3 instead of 1.
- Killing the Strange Man and thus failing Birds of a Feather may prompt Caesar to say ""You even disrupted a promising weapons deal with the Van Graffs"" when the Courier meets him at the Fort.
- He is not affected by the Courier's Legion reputation.
- Craig Boone will not automatically engage the Strange Man, though he attacks all other Legion members on sight. This would be in keeping with the Strange Man being incognito.
- Although he is a member of the Legion in civilian clothes and claims to have men with him, the Strange Man is cowardly and alone. If attacked, he cries for aid and is virtually helpless- out of keeping with the spirit of Frumentarii, who are skilled and dedicated fighters despite often working undercover and out of uniform.
The strange man appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.