The straight razor is an old-fashioned shaving razor with a polished wooden handle. Though its blade is short, it's lightweight and can deliver several slashing hits in rapid succession. It also provides bonus Critical Chance benefits, and bonus Critical damage.
This weapon is classified as a "Holdout" weapon, and can be smuggled into areas that prohibit any kind of weapons. It's the second weakest weapon, next to the rolling pin.
|- Type of attack||- Skill required|
|- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per action point||- Additional effects|
- Note: Melee weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
It is possible to execute Back Slash outside of V.A.T.S. (without the required Melee skill of 50 to perform the move) by initiating a power attack (hold attack button) while moving forward.
The straight razor can successfully strike about 370 times from full condition before breaking.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- Given by Doc Mitchell at the beginning of the game. (Melee weapons tag skill must be picked)
- Bought from Mr. Holdout outside Gomorrah
- Bought from Chet inside Goodsprings general store rarely
- On a locker in Harper's shack
- On a locker in Fields' shack
- On a locker in the cap counterfeiting shack
- Carried by each of Benny's four bodyguards
- On Fiends
- On Freeside thugs
- On Powder gangers
- On escaped convicts
- On members of the Kings gang
- On members of the Vipers gang
- On members of the Jackals gang
- On members of the Scorpions gang
- On a locker in Wolfhorn ranch