|Minutemen radiant quest: Stop the Raiding|
|Speak to the leader of the settlement.|
|Travel to the raider's location.|
|Eliminate the target raider.|
|Report your success to the leader of the settlement.|
|Reward: ~100 caps|
|Report your success to Preston Garvey.|
|Reward: 200+ XP|
After joining the Minutemen, this quest can be periodically obtained when talking to Preston Garvey or listening to Radio Freedom. The Sole Survivor is informed that an allied settlement is having trouble with a group of raiders, and is asked to help the settlement deal with them. Alternatively, the quest may be obtained directly from a settler at an owned settlement even if the Sole Survivor has not joined the Minutemen (though this occurs very infrequently).
To proceed with the quest the Sole Survivor must travel to the settlement and talk to their leader, who will give the details: a large group of raiders came by recently asking for tribute, which the settlement was forced to pay for their own protection. The settler will point the Sole Survivor to the raiders' hideout and ask that the raiders be dealt with.
To complete the objective, the Sole Survivor must travel to the raider hideout and eliminate the marked raider boss. Unmarked enemies do not need to be killed to complete the quest. With the threat neutralized, the Sole Survivor can talk to the settler from before to receive thanks and a reward of ~100 caps. If the quest was given by Preston Garvey, the Sole Survivor must report back to him to turn in the quest; it will be completed immediately upon receiving the reward otherwise.
Settlements asking for help
Possible raider locations
- Back Street Apparel
- BADTFL regional office
- County crossing
- Corvega assembly plant
- Drug den
- Dunwich Borers
- Easy City Downs
- Federal ration stockpile
- Hardware Town
- Hyde Park
- Revere Beach station
- Saugus Ironworks
- Thicket Excavations (after Pull the Plug has been completed)
- USAF Satellite Station Olivia
- Walden Pond
- This quest will not be given if the Sole Survivor does not control any settlements.
- This quest will only be given for settlements with a population of at least 1.
- With the Nuka-World add-on installed, this quest will not be given for settlements that have been captured or subdued by the Nuka-World raiders.
- The death of the settlement leader will result in the quest failing. If Preston gave the quest, the Sole Survivor must report their failure to him before the quest is removed from the quest log.
- Although this is technically a Minutemen quest, it can be obtained before joining the Minutemen. If the Sole Survivor has joined the Minutemen, the quest dialogue will include mentions of the Minutemen; this dialogue is omitted otherwise. This trait is shared with the other settlement-related quests.
The option to say that the targeted location has been previously cleared won't appear, along with the quest marker, preventing the quest completion. Clearing the location anyways won't fix this. [verified]
- This can be fixed by running setstage 0003df95 200 in the console.
- Roger Warwick at Warwick homestead might spawn inside the water cistern). This bug is shared with the other settlement quests.[verified]
In certain locations, NPCs might spawn in inaccessible locations (for instance,
- targetID.moveto player to teleport the NPC in question. This can be resolved by using the console command
- The Warwick homestead example can be resolved by building stairs into the cistern and a bell outside of it. Using the bell and waiting for an in-game hour (using the Wait option) will cause the NPCs to spawn near the bell.