|For an overview of stimpak types in all games, see Stimpak.|
A stimpak is a hand-held medication used in healing the body. When the medicine is injected, it provides immediate healing of the body's minor wounds.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Stimpaks in Fallout: New Vegas function much the same as in Fallout 3, with one exception. If the player character chooses to play in Hardcore mode, stimpaks will heal over time (versus instantly) and will not heal crippled limbs. Limbs can only be healed by a doctor or with the use of items that specifically indicate limb healing in their information, including, but not limited to, Hydra, a doctor's bag, weapon binding ritual, daturana and healing poultice.
Medicine skill effect[edit | edit source]
|10||+36 Hit Points||+6 Hit Points for 6s|
|20||+42 Hit Points||+7 Hit Points for 6s|
|30||+48 Hit Points||+8 Hit Points for 6s|
|40||+54 Hit Points||+9 Hit Points for 6s|
|50||+60 Hit Points||+10 Hit Points for 6s|
|60||+66 Hit Points||+11 Hit Points for 6s|
|70||+72 Hit Points||+12 Hit Points for 6s|
|80||+78 Hit Points||+13 Hit Points for 6s|
|90||+84 Hit Points||+14 Hit Points for 6s|
|100||+90 Hit Points||+15 Hit Points for 6s|
Crafting[edit | edit source]
This item can be crafted by the player character.
Broc flower (1)
Empty syringe (1)
Xander root (1)
Locations[edit | edit source]
- The items can be found all over the Mojave Wasteland, usually in medical facilities and first aid boxes. In addition, most doctors sell them.
- 13 in Vault 3's recreation area.
- Four in REPCONN headquarters's office 2nd floor.
- Three in Doc Mitchell's house.
- Three in the broc flower cave.
- Three in Charleston Cave.
- Three in Vault 19's 1st floor.
- Courier's Stash's Classic Pack. Five are added to the Courier's inventory with the
- Sierra Madre vending machines for 25 Sierra Madre chips once the relevant Vending machine code is found at the Villa clinic. Stimpaks can be bought at
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The crafting components needed to make a stimpak are the same components needed when asking Myron to craft stimpaks in Fallout 2.
- A large number of stimpaks can be obtained in the add-on Old World Blues with a Science skill of 70 and a Survival skill of 25. Simply use the biological research station to turn unused plants into Salient Green, turn this into broc flower and xander root using a hot plate or campfire, and then combine these with empty syringes at a workbench. Muggy can break down coffee mugs for empty syringes. The player character can also occasionally find chemistry sets where they can be made with a sufficient Science skill.
- Cliff Briscoe in Novac almost always has stimpaks (as well as other aid items and skill books) in his inventory for sale.
- They can be obtained free from Julie Farkas at the Old Mormon Fort once per day with a good reputation with the Followers of the Apocalypse. With enough Followers fame, unlimited access to the Followers safehouse is granted, where more free stimpaks can be acquired, three at a time.
- A considerable amount can be purchased from Doctor Usanagi at the New Vegas medical clinic.
- There is a challenge for using 100 stimpaks, as well as an achievement/trophy for healing 10,000 health with stimpaks.
- Teaching Jack in Red Rock drug lab with the new patch still sets the value at 25 instead of the normal patched merchant's 75.