Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The sterilizer glove is similar in appearance to the scientist glove, save for its bright red color. It causes critical heat damage, which sets enemies on fire with a successful Critical Hit. This weapon is affected by the Pyromaniac perk. Only two of these gloves exist, making them semi-unique.
V.A.T.S. Special Attacks[edit | edit source]
|- Type of attack||- Skill required|
|- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per action point||- Additional effects|
|Stomp||50||84||20||4.2||Only on knocked down enemies|
|Cross||75||46.2||20||2.31||2.5x damage to limbs|
- Note: Unarmed weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
Durability[edit | edit source]
The sterilizer glove can successfully strike about 995 times from full condition before breaking.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Scientist glove - the common variant found in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Corrosive glove - a semi-unique variant found in the Z-43 innovative toxins plant and on a unique spore plant, Dionaea Muscipula, near the Signal Hills transmitter.
- Dr. Mobius' glove - a unique variant found in the Forbidden Zone, on a table in the same room as Dr. Mobius.
- Dr. Klein's glove - a unique variant found in Higgs Village, in House #101.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Dr. Klein's glove||34||46.4||-5 EW/30s|
|Dr. Mobius' glove||28||38.2||-5 EW/30s|
- Note: Unarmed damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Y-17 medical facility - Found in the room to the right of the door, behind a force field that must be disabled prior to obtaining it.
- Found on Super-Ego.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Taking the sterilizer glove in the Y-17 medical facility will cause three lobotomites to appear in the main room.
- It is one of the rarest non-unique weapons, with a total of two being obtainable.