Background[edit | edit source]
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The steel saw is a weaker version of the auto axe, dealing roughly half as much damage. It appears to be a modified concrete cutter or concrete saw, with a rotating metal blade. Slaves use the steel saw for cutting through metal objects. However, this does not translate to an in-game damage bonus against robots.
Durability[edit | edit source]
The steel saw can successfully strike about 625 times from full condition before breaking.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Auto axe - a modified and stronger version of the steel saw made out of old car parts
- Man Opener - a stronger variant that ignores armor (power armor included).
- The Mauler - the strongest variant of auto-axe.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Man Opener||35||35||Ignores DR||1||x0||0||65||1.1||457||20||200||10|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- A chance to loot this item occurs during the slave revolt, as several slaves will die, and some may have this weapon on their bodies.
- Can be found on Adan's body, near the bus, during the slave revolt.
- Brand carries one.
Sounds[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
PC Playstation 3 Sometimes, the saw will not show in first person at all, making it very hard to tell where you're hitting. [verified]
References[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game Of The Year Edition p. 118: "The standard equipment used by most Pitt Slaves to cut metal. It can also cut skin and bone, so it is useful in a pinch but is superseded by the far more powerful Auto Axe. Collect and use this weapon as spare parts to repair any Auto Axes you are collecting. As each weapon looks identical, don’t forget to equip the right one!"