| ||For this item in other games in the Fallout series, see Stealth Boy.|
A catch-all term for several devices reverse-engineered from captured Chinese stealth armor, Stealth Boys work by generating a refracting light field around its user, making them nearly invisible to the untrained eye. The model seen in Appalachia is the bulkier satchel model, rather than the wrist-mounted RobCo 3001 model. Worn on the waist, and with a smaller battery than later models, it is capable of generating a stealth field around the user for a short amount of time.
- Big Bend Tunnel - Inside a side tunnel near the tunnel system's east exit/entrance, on the right, near a skeleton.
- Bolton Greens - In a glass display case on the second floor of the function room, accessed by the lobby staircase.
- Devil's Backbone - On a cinderblock near the top of the cliff, next to a skeleton in a chair.
- Hornwright Industrial headquarters - Upper level (accessed from Charleston Herald building)
- Pleasant Valley cabins - In the dinghy near the motel at the top of the hill.
- Wendigo cave - To the left of a skeleton, in a side room near the first waterfall room.
- Phantom device - A standard Stealth Boy modified by the Order of Mysteries with a HalluciGen gas canister, it combines the benefits of both items by making the user invisible while deploying a cloud of HalluciGen gas, frenzying nearby enemies. It lasts 60 seconds when wearing the Eye of Ra.
- Stealth Boy Mark III - A superior version of the standard satchel Stealth Boy, the invisibility effect lasts 90 seconds, compared to the 30 seconds on the standard satchel device. It is sold by the MODUS production terminal in the Whitespring bunker.