Layout[edit | edit source]
Approaching the location will reveal giant mantises and a few cazadores running rampant around the lake. It is also common to find quite a few grazing bighorners in the vicinity. Just in front of the lake is a burned-down house, with some minor loot in the dresser.
To the northeast is another destroyed house that contains a cellar-door to the Great Khan armory. A workbench and reloading bench are located in the basement. If the Courier is friendly with the Great Khans, they can trade with the Great Khan armorer.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Looking southwest from the burned house, a group of plants on the side of the mountains can be seen. Successfully reaching the area will reveal a small pond, but there is no way to get to it without the use of console commands. There is a small path of invisible land in the sky that can be walked on that goes around it. Notably, the water in the pond is not irradiated.
- Several mantises may be found in the water swimming in circles. It is not possible to use V.A.T.S. on them, but it will provide an entertaining experience.
- There is a tree on the southwest side which isn't properly connected with the terrain, and it appears to be floating in mid-air.
- Past the pond is a path that leads to the Red Rock Canyon.
- The bighorners will respawn if killed.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Spring Mt. Ranch State Park appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Spring Mt. Ranch State Park is based on the real world location of Spring Mountain Ranch State Park, a public recreation area located within the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area. This location bears many similarities, including a picnic area, parking lot, ranch house, lake, and the existence of bighorn sheep.