In the initial dialogue with Doctor Klein as part of the quest Welcome to the Big Empty, the Courier finds out that their brain, heart, and spine have been removed and replaced with advanced technologies. This perk represents the replacement of the Courier's spine. While the Courier is technically spineless from the start of the add-on, this perk is unlocked in the course of the conversation, along with Heartless and Brainless.
- This perk is replaced with Reinforced Spine if the Courier chooses to have their spine put back in by the Sink Auto-Doc during or after the end of the add-on.
- Compared to Reinforced Spine, this perk grants half the Strength and Damage Threshold bonuses with the benefit of making the torso incapable of being crippled.
- This perk's Vault Boy image is the same as Reinforced Spine's.
- The +1 to Strength is not added to base Strength, so it will not count toward qualifying for perks when leveling but will count for all other strength effects.
- This perk synergizes poorly with Eye for Eye, as it reduces the total number of limbs that can be crippled.
Behind the scenesEdit
Spineless is an adjective associated with a lack of courage, mental/moral strength and resolution. A spineless person can't make a decision to save their life, and frequently relies on others to make their decisions for them. Despite it's vernacular meaning it has no bearing on the perk's effects.