|For an overview of brass knuckles, see brass knuckles.|
Background[edit | edit source]
Developed in antiquity, this weapon is prevalent in the post-War wastelands.
Brass knuckles, or knuckledusters, take the form of four linked metal rings in a shallow convex formation with a bumper attached to the concave face. The rings are slipped over a combatant's fingers with the bumper pressed into the palm of the hand.
When a punch is thrown, the brass knuckles take the majority of the impact impulse, transferring much of the punch's kinetic energy to the target by way of the harder, smaller impacting surface of the metal knuckles. This drastically increases the likelihood of serious tissue disruption and bone damage.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Spiked knuckles have the same basic design of brass knuckles except with the addition of spikes to inflict more damage.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Fallout[edit | edit source]
- Carried by one of six Watershed super mutants.
- Sold by the Gun Runners in the Boneyard.
- Carried by Kane.
Fallout 2[edit | edit source]
- Sold by Buster in NCR. They are located in his central bookshelf, not in his own barter inventory.
- The Dunton brothers in Klamath each have one, these only spawn in the grazing grounds while helping Torr guard the brahmin if the Chosen One initiates combat.
- The Duntons continue to spawn these knuckles in their inventories with each combat triggered, therefore infinite amounts can be stolen from them.
- Found in a grave in Golgotha.
- Carried by Merk's guard.