|For an overview of spacesuits in the Fallout series, see Space suit.|
The spacesuit is a reflective sheen jumpsuit with straps along the back and front with pockets along the entirety of the suit. The helmet has the same foil-like sheen with a full black visor, albeit with a slightly yellowed and aged appearance.
The clean variant of the spacesuit features a much brighter and shiny chrome appearance compared to the standard variant. The helmet is white and polished to a shine.
There is a nametag with the first name obscured, but with the last name "Cooper" visible on both the dirty and the clean suit's upper right chest.
A bright orange variant can be purchased from the Atomic Shop. It is decorated with various cloth patches and is in much better condition than the suits which can be found in the world. It is a cosmetic item which is worn on top of other armor.
- A regular/clean spacesuit helmet can be found at Sons of Dane compound.
- A spacesuit helmet can be found on the roof with the weapons workbench to the north of the Responders outpost in Morgantown. The building is accessed with a long jump from the monorail tracks.
- Two spacesuits and spacesuit helmets can be found in the lockers at the communications area of The Crater.
- A spacesuit helmet can be found at the Valley Galleria, on the first floor, on top of a Quantum bear riding a rocket.
- Occasionally two clean spacesuit helmets can be found at the Whitespring Resort:
- By exiting through the Summit Room. It spawns on one of the chairs outside by the firepit.
- Can be found on a small white table between folding chairs, immediately north of the firepit.
- A clean spacesuit helmet can be found at Watoga Municipal Center, on top of a set of lockers on the second floor.
- A clean spacesuit helmet can be found on a shelf in the unnamed store adjacent to the beauty salon in Charleston.
- A clean spacesuit helmet can be found next to a terminal at a pharmacy in Berkeley Springs
- A clean spacesuit outfit may occasionally be sold only by the vendor bot Responder randomly encountered.
This variant can be purchased from the Atomic Shop for 800 .
Behind the scenes
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and is speculative and may not be accurate.|
The spacesuit is a very close replica to the Navy Mark IV spacesuits used in the Mercury program. The name tag reads "G...o Cooper," with the first name being obscured by one of the suit's black straps. This appears to be a reference to astronaut Gordon "Gordo" Cooper Jr., the Pilot of Mercury-Atlas 9 in 1963 and the Command Pilot of Gemini 5 in 1965.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|