The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Ranunculacae serranus, commonly called hubflower or soot flower (Appalachia), is a mutated species of buttercups, a family with over 2,000 known species of flowering plants before the Great War. The herbaceous plants have evolved due to the mutagenic pressure of the war. They create sizable bushed with large, hanging, and bitter tasting violet flowers that have restorative effects and can be processed into a variety of curatives, ranging from teas and pastes, through salves, to a variety of drugs.
Regular soot flowers are blue and are commonly found in the Forest and the Mire, with some also in the northern and southern parts of the Cranberry Bog. When hit by an intercontinental ballistic missile, it will turn into Geiger blossom, which will yield raw yellowcake flux when harvested.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- There is a soot flower plant to the right of the Vault 76 entrance while facing the door.
- Found around the Overseer's camp.
- There are several soot flowers in planters at the Wayward, and in the surrounding area.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- The Prydwen terminal entries; Botany terminal, Commonwealth plant database
- Crafting options in Fallout 4 and Fallout 76.