Better image needed (issue: Infobox needs a cleaner overview image of the whole location)
The article, infobox or file image has quality issues that need to be rectified. Please help Fallout Wiki by editing or replacing it with a better version.
Originally an abandoned homestead alongside of Interstate 63 as it passed through the mountains of Appalachia, it became the home of a group of rowdy survivalists that were seeking their own slice of paradise, calling themselves the Sons of Dane, after leader Dane Rogers. The barn was remodeled into a music and drinking hall named the Buck's Den. A shooting range was set up alongside the rock wall bordering the camp, and a series of fortifications were constructions around the perimeter. It was home and continued to be home, even after the first days of the Great War. The Sons of Dane originally occupying the compound were, however, killed off by a mysterious creature known as the Nightstalker.
The compound is composed of a yellow farmhouse where Dane Rogers lived, a big barn that was being used as a taphouse where the group gathered and drank beer, some caravans, and a shooting field. The compound was also protected with some walls and watchtowers made with junk.
- Attracting the nightstalker: Note, on the wall behind the stage in the Buck's Den Beer Hall.
- My whiskey: Note, on a table in a trailer with a tinker's workbench.
- Four potential magazines:
- In the cellar on a table with a microscope.
- In the Buck's Den, on a table near the entrance.
- At the northwest gate, on the ground below the watch tower.
- At the northwest gate, on the top of the watch tower, next to a skeleton.
- Three potential Vault-Tec bobbleheads:
- On an amplifier on the Buck's Den stage.
- On a desk in the main house, beside Dane Rogers' terminal.
- At the shooting range on top of the far left concrete block formation next to a barrel, the bobblehead is adjacent to a canister on the right side on top of the concrete blocks.
- Two random armor mods:
- At the top of the southeastern watch tower, on a crate with binoculars.
- Inside the metal brewing shack, in the bottom left hand corner on the ground, near a dresser (or below the shack itself in the same spot).
- Power armor chassis: In the basement of a house to the west of the music hall behind a security gate.
- Random armor/power armor plan: Can spawn on a rectangular crate to the left of the armor workbench outside the Buck's Den Beer Hall.
- Random weapon mod: Can spawn on a rectangular crate to the left of the armor workbench outside the Buck's Den Beer Hall.
- Random power armor mod: Inside the Picklock level 3 basement storage of the house, underneath (or on top of) the shelf closest to the power armor chassis spawn.
- Stealth Boy: Inside the house's basement, at the locked storage, on a cabinet shelf.
The Sons of Dane compound appears only in Fallout 76.
Behind the scenesEdit
The nightstalker references seem to mirror the tale of Beowulf, which has a mead hall belonging to the king of the Danes attacked by a monster which is then slain by the titular hero after the king puts out a call for help, with a beer hall belonging to Dane Rogers attacked by a wendigo, which is then slain by a Resident following the Sons of Dane automated alert.