The pistol's chassis is composed of a grey metallic tube outfitted with four vacuum tubes, a housing for a small energy cell, a conical muzzle, and a rear-mounted oscilloscope, all attached to a pistol grip. It shares some visual features with other pistol-grip energy weapons, such as the pulse gun, Euclid's C-Finder, and the recharger pistol. When the trigger is pulled, the vacuum tubes light up as the weapon charges for a moment before firing concentric rings of blue energy at the target.
It can be upgraded to disable force fields throughout the Big MT facility, unlocking otherwise-inaccessible areas. With the assistance of Blind Diode Jefferson, it can also be reprogrammed with other audio samples found on holotapes throughout the facility that alter the color of the oscilloscope and energy rings, as well as introducing unique effects when the weapon scores a critical hit.
The sonic emitter - revelation is an Energy Weapons pistol with bonus damage against robots and power armor wearers, and a unique "critical strike paralysis" effect, temporarily knocking down smaller robots (such as protectrons and cyberdogs), rooting larger robots, and paralyzing non-robotic targets. This modulation of the sonic emitter has a blue oscilloscope.
The sonic emitter - revelation can fire a total of about 495 times using standard cells, the equivalent of 21 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
- Sonic emitter - Gabriel's bark
- Sonic emitter - opera singer
- Sonic emitter - robo-scorpion
- Sonic emitter - tarantula
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Sonic emitter - Gabriel's bark||55||56.9||+20||1.03||x1||25||Knockback||30||1.8||0.1||24(12)||495||2||3500||1750||50||2|
|Sonic emitter - opera singer||55||56.9||+20||1.03||x1||25||Dismember||30||1.8||0.1||24||495||2||3500||1750||50||2|
|Sonic emitter - revelation||31||32.1||+20||1.03||x1||18||Paralyze/10s||30||1||0.1||24||495||2||3500||1750||50||2|
|Sonic emitter - robo-scorpion||65||67.2||+20||1.03||x1||30||+100||30||2.2||0.1||24(8)||495||2||3500||1750||75||2|
|Sonic emitter - tarantula||60||62.1||+20||1.03||x1||30||+2/5s||30||2||0.1||24(8)||495||2||3500||1750||75||2|
- Given by Dr. Klein upon the player's arrival in the Big MT.
- Additional emitters in good condition can be bought every few in-game days (3 or 4) from the Sink Central Intelligence Unit in The Sink.
- The sonic emitter will be almost fully repaired when recalibrating it with Blind Diode Jefferson. This provides unlimited free repair, though not to 100% condition.
- Once the player upgrades the sonic emitter, all modulations will be able to break force fields within Big MT.
- The sonic emitter has a limited range. V.A.T.S. will not reflect this and may show good odds of hitting a target even when the target is out of range.
- While using a Stealth Boy, the oscilloscope stays visible. However, the radiant light does not affect sneaking, like most weapons/armor that have the same exterior glow.
- All cyberdogs are affected by the additional EMP damage done by this weapon.
- When using alternate cell types (Optimized, etc.), it may be unable to break forcefields. Simply changing to standard energy cells will fix this. [verified]
- Within the third-person view, if the emitter is holstered, the wave on the oscilloscope will remain 'frozen'. It will begin functioning correctly only if the weapon has been drawn. [verified]