Somah is one of the few wastelanders unfortunate enough to have stumbled across recon craft Theta and been abducted. Prior to this, she was a slaver working in conjunction with the slavers at Paradise Falls. She has a sweet, calm disposition that is undercut by a sadistic streak that shows through when she's under stress. She's used to being in charge, but is aware that she's out of her depth aboard the alien ship. Aside from providing supporting fire, she can repair any items that may need fixing.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character drops a finger when killed (Lawbringer).|
|This character can be enslaved with the Mesmetron.|
|This character is a temporary companion.|
|This character is a permanent companion.|
|This character is a doctor.|
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: -|
|This character can repair items.||Repair cap: 100|
|This character rents beds.||Cost: - caps.|
|This character starts quests.||
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Not of This World: When you wake up from your abduction, Somah suggests a way of getting out of the holding cell.
- Among the Stars: You have the option of bringing Somah with you as a companion to the Robot assembly to help out.
- This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough...: If Somah survived her section in Among the Stars, she will help in the last battle by keeping aliens off you while you fight the other mothership.
Effects of player's actions
- After the final quest she "leaves the ship" but is essentially removed.
- After completing Not of This World and reaching the Engineering Core, she will Repair the player's items, but insists she be paid for her services. Somah's repair skill is based on the player's level and reaches 100 at player level 15, giving her the highest non-player character repair skill in the entire game at that point.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Merc veteran outfit||-||-||-|
- In the Engineering Core, Elliot may ask her what has happened since he was abducted. When he shows distress at her news of the Great War, she tells him to "suck it up and deal with it like the rest of us".
- Once you reach the cryo-chambers she will rejoin you and will now be equipped with a combat shotgun.
- While she refuses to comment on where in the Wastelands she hails from, when exploring the robotic assembly line she lets slip: "These assembly lines remind me of the pens we kept our sl... (pointed) I mean our prisoners in."
- If one manages to disarm an alien in the first few minutes of the DLC, she may pick up the weapon, provided that she does not have her combat shotgun with her yet.
- Unlike other companions, Somah does not crouch/sneak when you do.
- "'bout time you woke up. I was starting to think maybe they'd fried your brains or something."
- "Welcome to the bowels of this shit hole."
- "Oh, sure. Take your time. No rush, not like we're about to be sliced and diced by... who the hell knows what. Fine. So they've kept us alive this long for a reason, right? Seems to me they'd want to make sure we stay alive for now. So you and me, we have ourselves a little fist-fight. Trick 'em into thinkin' one of us ain't going to last too long. Make 'em come in here and break it up. And when they do, we turn on 'em. We take out the guards, and get ourselves the hell out of this box."
- "I push this, it doesn't do anything, I push THAT, it doesn't... oh hey that did something."
- "What can I do for you, Mr. Hot-shot space captain? If there's more of them out there, that'll make 'em think twice about attacking us again. And it looks like you're now in charge of your very own spaceship. Well, what's left of it anyway. Congrats."
PC Dialogue options exist to learn of Somah's past by passing a speech check, using the Lady Killer perk or passing an easier speech check if you found Alien captive recorded log 22. However, these conversation choices are not displayed in the game, as the options are mistakenly set to run all inventory, skill, and perk checks on Somah rather than the player. [verified] Xbox 360 On rare occasions, Somah will have an unarmed stance, but her Combat Rifle is Floating upside-Down in front of her hands [verification overdue]