Background[edit | edit source]
Somah is one of the few wastelanders been abducted and held on the recon craft Theta, being captured after picking up a radio signal and attempting to find the source to scrap for parts. Prior to this, she was a slaver working alongside associates from Paradise Falls with a tenacity for tinkering with machines and stripping tech from scrap. She is friendly towards the Lone Wanderer, but will be evasive about her past. She will recruit the Lone Wanderer in her plan to esacpe the holding cells and provide assistance in fighting the aliens as one moves through the ship.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is a temporary companion.|
|This character can repair items.||Repair cap: 100|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Not of This World: When the Lone Wanderer wakes up from their abduction, Somah suggests a way of getting out of the holding cell.
- Among the Stars: One has the option of bringing Somah with them as a companion to the robot assembly to help out.
- This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough...: If Somah survived her section in Among the Stars, she will help in the last battle by keeping aliens at bay while the player character engages the other mothership.
Effects of player's actions[edit | edit source]
- After the final quest she shares with the Lone Wanderer her plans of heading back to the wasteland with some equipment from the ship, finding a new place to make a life for herself. She mentions they likely won't see each other again, and expresses her thanks for their help.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- After completing Not of This World and reaching the Engineering Core, she will Repair the one's items, but insists she be paid for her services. Somah's repair skill is based on the one's level and reaches 100 at level 15, giving her the highest non-player character repair skill in the game.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Merc veteran outfit|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In the engineering core, Elliot may ask her what has happened since he was abducted. When he shows distress at her news of the Great War, she says "Sorry, you'll just have to learn to deal with it like the rest of us."
- Once one reaches the cryo-chambers, she will rejoin the party and will now be equipped with a combat shotgun. She will arm herself with any available weapons before this point, including those dropped by aliens.
- Unlike other companions, Somah does not crouch/sneak.
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "'bout time you woke up. I was starting to think maybe they'd fried your brains or something."
- "Welcome to the bowels of this shit hole."
- "Oh, sure. Take your time. No rush, not like we're about to be sliced and diced by... who the hell knows what. Fine. So they've kept us alive this long for a reason, right? Seems to me they'd want to make sure we stay alive for now. So you and me, we have ourselves a little fist-fight. Trick 'em into thinkin' one of us ain't going to last too long. Make 'em come in here and break it up. And when they do, we turn on 'em. We take out the guards, and get ourselves the hell out of this box."
- "I push this, it doesn't do anything, I push THAT, it doesn't... oh hey that did something."
- "What can I do for you, Mr. Hot-shot space captain? If there's more of them out there, that'll make 'em think twice about attacking us again. And it looks like you're now in charge of your very own spaceship. Well, what's left of it anyway. Congrats."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Dialogue options exist to learn of Somah's past by passing a speech check, using the Lady Killer perk or passing an easier speech check if you found Alien captive recorded log 22. However, these conversation choices are not displayed in the game, as the options are mistakenly set to run all inventory, skill, and perk checks on Somah rather than the player character. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 When entering the robot assembly she will stay at the door providing no assistance. [verified]
- PC Somah may not appear in the prison cell at the start of the DLC. To remedy this use the console and type 'Prid xx000988' and then 'enable' before approaching the crash spaceship. Somah should then appear in the prison cell as normal.[verified]
- Xbox 360 Somah's repair skill may reach 100 and then go back down to 75.[verification overdue]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lone Wanderer: "Tell me how you were captured by these aliens."
Somah: "Not much to tell. I heard that radio signal, thought I'd check it out. Thought maybe I could pull some scrap from whatever was sending the signal. Got a little more than I bargained for."
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p. 97: "Somah
Somah is one of the few Wastelanders unfortunate enough to have stumbled across Recon Craft Theta and been abducted. Prior to this, she was a Slaver working in conjunction with Paradise Falls. She has a sweet, calm disposition that is undercut by a sadistic streak that shows through when she's under stress. She's used to being in charge, but is aware that she's out of her depth aboard the Alien ship. Aside from providing supporting fire, she can repair any items that may need fixing."
- Lone Wanderer: "Since you seem so familiar with my gear, do you know how to repair it?"
Somah: "Actually, I do. I used to tinker with all sorts of junk back home. I'd be glad to take a look at what you need fixed, but it's going to cost you some caps."
- Somah: "Those assembly lines remind me of the pens we kept our slav... ummm, I mean our prisoners in."
- Lone Wanderer: "There must be a reason you don't want to talk about yourself. What is it?"
Somah: "A reason? Yeah, there's a reason. It's because I worked for slavers, okay? I worked for them, I helped them, and sometimes I liked it. They needed someone who was good with machines, stripping tech, building shit. That's me. So I did the work. And look where it got me. Now can we stop talking about me?"
- Lone Wanderer: "I found this recording... Sounds like you regret something you did."
Somah: "All right, listen. Not that it's any of your damn business, but yeah. Before I got sucked up into crazy alien land here, I pulled some shady stuff. Many of my associates may or may not have been slavers, and I may or may not have received payment for helping them in their trade. Okay? Big secret exposed! Great job! Hope you're happy."
- Lone Wanderer: "What will you do now?"
Somah: "I'm gonna see about getting off this thing. Head back to the Wasteland with some new toys, maybe carve out a place for myself. Literally, if I have to. Odds are we won't be bumping into each other again, so I just wanted to say thanks."