A veteran of the U.S.S.A. space program, Commander Daguerre originally lived in Chicago as a child. As an adult, she went through college where she met and befriended Emerson Hale. After finishing college, Sofia moved to Washington, D.C., where she then applied for the astronaut program until she was accepted.
In her time in the U.S.S.A., she worked with Hale again and unknowingly participated in a long-term suspended animation experiment called the Deep Sleep project. She and her crewmates Bernard, Nowak and Lee went into forced hibernation shortly after their ship achieved orbit in 2070. They were supposed to wake up in 2075, with a possible extension until 2080. However, due to the Great War, the experiment unintentionally continued until 2103, when the ship crashed in Appalachia.
Unaware of what had befallen the world, Commander Daguerre managed to limp away from her crash site and find refuge in one of the Free States' old bunkers until being found by a Vault Dweller of Vault 76. After being told of the fate of the US as a result of a nuclear war, Sofia asks the Vault Dweller(s) to help locate her crew and also if they would be willing to let her stay at their C.A.M.P. until she discovers their fate by asking for a special U.S.S.A. console to be set up to help her with deciphering what happened since her time in space.
Sofia and the Vault Dweller later discovered that the true goal of the Deep Sleep Program was to create a link between the subject's brain and an A.I. called ATHENA, with the objective of creating a surveillance A.I. that could monitor everything from the point of view of all connected subjects. Although her crewmates were aware of the original goal of the project and were not supposed to have been part of the experiment, they were forced to participate once they were in orbit.
At some point before it crashed, she was stationed on the Valiant-1 space station. She is an avid video game player. She also owned a collection of Unstoppables comics, which she took with her into space although it did not return to Earth with her. The Mistress of Mystery was her favorite character.
Interaction with the player character
|This character cannot be killed.|
|This character is a C.A.M.P. ally. Their associated workshop object is U.S.S.A. console.|
|This character may build affinity with the player.|
|This character starts quests.||
- If the player was able to cure her headaches due to their actions in the final questline, she will never complain about them at the player's C.A.M.P. ever again. However, if the player was unable to, she will permanently keep commenting about her headaches and nightmares at the player's C.A.M.P.
- Crash Landing
- The Woman Who Fell to Earth
- One Small Step
- In Case of Emergency
- Bring Home the Beacon
- The Universe Conspires
- Hope Remains
- Search and Destroy
- Heavy Eyes
- Patently False
- Privacy Violation
- Contractually Obfuscated
- Boot Camp
- Past Expiration
- No Brainer
- Calling Long Distance
- Who Sat Down Beside Her
- Lab Rat
- Mission Out-of-Control
- Daguerre wears a unique spacesuit with the name tag removed.
- She does not eat meat and she eats plants, grains and mushrooms. This is only revealed if Grahm passes by a C.A.M.P.
- "We just launched in 2070. Our mission is to uncover the mysteries of Deep Sleep in space. Surely this was on the news?"
- "Wait... what are you saying? Decades ago? That doesn't make sense. I don't have time for jokes. Where am I, exactly?"
- "This isn't funny. A war. A nuclear war? That was a joke... right? So how long have I..."
- Grahm: "Hey. Hey you. You different than the other squishies. You seem fresh. Not stinky. How so not stinky?"
Commander Daguerre: "Oh, uh, well. Okay. Thanks? It's probably because I haven't been irradiated and soaked with all the despair yet. No doubt I'll probably start... stinking... soon though. Being in space kept me safe from a lot of things for a while."
Grahm: "SPACE?! You're from... the MOON?! Or... the SUN?! Or... the little TWINKLES?!"
Commander Daguerre: " "
Grahm: "Can you take Chally to Space? Chally want to fly someday. Grahm okay with the ground. But Chally have dreams."
Commander Daguerre: "Uh... I haven't been able to get in touch with the USSA ---"
Grahm: "What do Space people eat? You eat meat? Space meat?! MOON MEAT?"
Commander Daguerre: " "
Grahm: "Oh! Greenies. Like Chally. SEE? Chally is ready for SPACE! Chally is going to the MOON!"
Commander Daguerre: " "
Grahm: "Chally isn't Moo-Moo for long! Soon Chally is MOON-MOON!"
Commander Daguerre: "Why not? Dream big or don't dream at all... um. I gotta get back to... literally anything else now."
(Grahm and Sofia Daguerre's dialogue)
- Vault Dweller: "How's the holotape game, Sofia?"
Commander Daguerre: "It's been soothing to play games again -- a few moments of normalcy once more. I think it even helps my headache a bit."
(Sofia Daguerre's dialogue)