The sniper shack, or abandoned shack in-game, is a building on a cliff to the west of Rockbreaker's Last Gas.
The sniper shack is a single room building, containing a locker, ammunition boxes, a fridge, a stove, metal boxes, and a bed. There is also a workbench and a cage containing the game's only named radroaches: Fluffy and Jitters. These are set to respawn if killed.
The outside of the shack is a spawning point for Talon Company or Regulators, depending on the player character's Karma level. Additionally, after the player completes The Waters of Life, a Vertibird may drop an Enclave soldier and a sentry bot to the northwest. Finally, Super mutants will sometimes spawn by the small pond near the shack.
- Victory rifle: In a locked (Very Hard) locker. Dogmeat can retrieve the Victory rifle from its locker without unlocking it.
- Dean's Electronics: Hidden in a wooden box under the workbench. It may have to be pulled out from under the workbench in order to obtain it.
- Guns and Bullets, pre-War book, 14-20 bobby pins: On the table left of the locker.
- Keller family transcript #4 on the workbench on the left.
- Bottlecap mine: On the workbench. The shack also has enough materials to craft another.
- Super-sized teddy bear: Found sitting on the bed like the one in the Red Racer factory. It appears to have an empty whiskey bottle in its hand. (see the image in the gallery below.)
- Stealth Boy can be found on the left locker (not inside it).
The sniper shack appears only in Fallout 3.
- PC Fluffy and Jitters can escape their cages without the player opening the cage door. [verified]
- On the rocks below the sniper shack, there is a hole in them due to a mapping glitch.