| ||For an overview of sniper rifle models in various games, see Sniper rifle.|
|The following is based on Fallout Tactics and some details might contradict canon.|
The sniper rifle is a long range projectile weapon. Originally .308, this one is chambered in the more common 7.62mm caliber.
This weapon has a big aiming bonus when used at long ranges. This bonus comes with an close range aiming penalty which is bigger than the standard penalty other ranged weapons have. This limits the sniper rifle to a long range sniper role.
- One in chest, another carried by a super mutant in St. Louis mission.
- Sold by the Brotherhood after finishing St. Louis.
- Hidden in a fridge on top of Jefferson's train station.
- In Kansas City some ghouls are armed with it.
- During Junction City mission several Reavers protect their camp with sniper rifles from the balcony.