| ||For an overview of sniper rifle models in various games, see Sniper rifle.|
|The following is based on Fallout Tactics and some details might contradict canon.|
The sniper rifle is a long range projectile weapon. Originally .308, this one is chambered in the more common 7.62mm caliber.
This weapon has a big aiming bonus when used at long ranges. This bonus comes with a close range aiming penalty which is bigger than the standard penalty other ranged weapons have. This limits the sniper rifle to a long range sniper role.
- One in a chest, another carried by a super mutant in St. Louis mission.
- Sold by the Brotherhood after finishing St. Louis.
- Hidden in a fridge on top of Jefferson's train station.
- In Kansas City some ghouls are armed with it.
- During Junction City mission several Reavers protect their camp with sniper rifles from the balcony.