| ||This is an overview article which contains background information and cross-game comparisons. For game-specific information and stats, see the articles linked on the right.|
A sniper rifle is an excellent long range projectile weapon.
DKS-501 sniper rifleEdit
A DKS-501 sniper rifle. Excellent long range projectile weapon. Originally .308, this one is chambered in the more common .223 caliber.
.308 sniper rifleEdit
- For the unique versions found in Fallout 3, see: Reservist's rifle and Victory rifle
- For the unique version found in Fallout: New Vegas, see: Gobi Campaign scout rifle
- For the unique version found in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Old World Blues, see: Christine's CoS silencer rifle
- For other versions in Fallout Shelter, see: rusty sniper rifle, enhanced sniper rifle, hardened sniper rifle and armor piercing sniper rifle
- For the unique version found in Fallout Shelter, see: Victory rifle
Filling in the gap between regular assault rifles and sniper rifles, the marksman rifle is designed for infantrymen deployed in the designated marksman role. It is built on the assault carbine platform, as an air-cooled, gas-operated rifle, with a rotating bolt, actuated by direct impingement gas operation. However, to better fit its tactical role, it is optimized for accuracy, rather than rate of fire. It features a precision adjustable stock, a picatinny rail accessory system in place of the top receiver, typically with a 2.86x telescopic sight mounted on top, and fires in semi-automatic mode only, from a 20-round 5.56mm round magazine.
- For the unique marksman carbine in Fallout: New Vegas, see: the All-American.
7.62mm sniper rifleEdit
|The following is based on Fallout Tactics and some details might contradict canon.|
An excellent long range projectile weapon. Originally .308, this one is chambered in the more common 7.62mm caliber.