|For an overview of laser pistol models in the Fallout series of games, see laser pistol.|
The AEP7 laser pistol was put into service to replace the AEP5 model. With a generous battery size, tight shot grouping at range, resilience to extended use, and fairly decent damage output, it is a very good choice for a sidearm and is used extensively in this role by the Brotherhood of Steel and the Enclave in the Capital Wasteland.
As the successor to the AEP5, it boasted a redesigned focusing crystal pattern, an improved photonic focusing chamber, and selectable laser focus, wavelength, pulse energy and repetition rate. In addition, it was lighter and less bulky than its predecessor and was perceived as a step toward replacing the N99 10mm pistol with a laser weapon as the standard issue sidearm for military forces.
The AEP7 was produced in large numbers thanks to newly developed manufacturing technologies in the United States, although logistics and supply issues (caused by prolonged war with China) prevented its wide-scale deployment.
The Smuggler's End shoots twice as fast outside of V.A.T.S. and does 6 more damage per shot than the laser pistol. This weapon has a weight of 2, compared to the standard version's 3, and also has an additional 150 HP.
The Smuggler's End can fire a total of 694 bolts, the equivalent of 24 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
- Laser pistol - The common variant in Fallout 3.
- Colonel Autumn's laser pistol - A unique variant carried by Colonel Autumn prior to the release of the add-on Broken Steel.
- Colonel Autumn's laser pistol (Broken Steel) - A unique variant carried by Colonel Autumn with the add-on Broken Steel installed.
- Protectron's Gaze - A unique variant given by the Mechanist.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Colonel Autumn's laser pistol||10||120||12||x0.08||22||2||17||1.2||0.0||30||1250||2||420||210|
|Colonel Autumn's laser pistol||18||108||6||x1.5||18||1||17||1.1||0.0||30||694||3||420||140|
It is found in perfect condition in Elder Lyons' personal safe in the B ring of the Citadel. The safe is locked with a Very Hard lock or opened via Elder Lyons' terminal, requiring Very Hard hacking, located on the desk to the left as one enters his room.
- Although stored in his safe, the gun is not "owned" by Elder Lyons in game terms. Taking it is not considered stealing and incurs no Karma loss.
- This weapon can sometimes be found by pickpocketing Elder Lyons.
- There is also a chance that if the player character initiates combat in the area while the Brotherhood soldiers are sleeping, one may pick it up and use it against them.