Smith Casey's garage is an abandoned automotive service garage in the Capital Wasteland in 2277. It also houses the entrance to Vault 112, which is accessible through a door in the floor of the main garage area.
Layout[edit | edit source]
Exterior[edit | edit source]
The exterior looks very similar to any other abandoned business. There is a door out front and a garage door on the same side. The garage is surrounded by fallen trees and bramble. A Mister Gutsy or a sentry bot can sometimes be found outside the garage, near the military checkpoint.
Interior[edit | edit source]
The room opens into an average-sized room with a counter on the right side. Behind the counter, there is an open safe and a mattress with a skeleton that can be used for sleeping. Through the door near the counter is a switch that allows you to open the trap door that leads to the entrance to Vault 112. Multiple mole rats and radroaches can be found inside.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- A Nuka-Cola Quantum can be found behind a bin containing many bent tin cans and empty soda bottles.
- A copy of Tumblers Today inside the open safe behind the counter.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This location is situated in the middle of a 'Type B' random encounter patrol route.
- An Outcast patrol spawn point is located just south of the military checkpoint north of the garage.
- With the Animal Friend perk, you still need to kill all the mole rats first or they will attack James afterward.
- This location does not reset, so it can work as both a rudimentary home or a loot stash.
- When leaving Smith Casey's garage, one or two yao guai may appear near the entrance.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Smith Casey's Garage appears only in Fallout 3.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC Playstation 3 At the north corner inside the tent at the military checkpoint the left one of the two metal boxes has three metal boxes at the same spot. The different boxes can be accessed from specific angles. [verified]
- Playstation 3 Sometimes upon arriving at Smith Casey's Garage the door will have a clipping issue and you will not be able to enter the garage, this can be fixed by fast traveling to another location and coming back. [verified]
- Playstation 3 Sometimes while in sneak mode, the mole rats under the garage may automatically detect the player, this can happen even when the player's Sneak skill is maxed out at 100. [verified]