Slim Picket is the tall and lanky head of the Trappers in Klamath. Lately, he has noticed that the rats around the western part of town have been acting strangely and thinks something is controlling them.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character starts quests.|
- Kill the rat god: Slim says that something in the caves is controlling the rats west of Klamath. He wants it taken out.
- He has a key to the north part of Trapper Town. He also mentions the Highwayman in the old car lot.
- With Outdoorsman less than 29% and a successful Speech check, Slim can raise the Chosen One's Outdoorsman skill by max(IN*2;7%) for $100 ($50 with good town reputation).
- With 29% in Outdoorsman or after having received training, he can tell the Chosen One more about geckos, at which point he'll mention Smiley and Ardin Buckner, unlocking an option in her dialogue to ask about the trapper (not that it's too hard to do it another way).
- Female characters can sleep with him.
Slim Picket appears only in Fallout 2.
Behind the scenesEdit
Slim Picket is a reference to the actor Slim Pickens best known for his role in the movie Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb as B-52 pilot Major T. J. "King" Kong who rides a dropped H-bomb to a certain death, and waving his cowboy hat as if the bomb were a rodeo bronco. The bomb explodes triggering the end of the world.
Although his Outdoorsman training session is supposed to cost the Chosen One 100 (or 50) dollars, due to incorrect scripting, the Chosen One will instead receive the money.[verified]
- In the unpatched game, money would be neither paid nor received.[verified]