|For an overview of sledgehammers, see sledgehammer.|
A sledgehammer is used in heavier working conditions, such as industrial areas or for breaking ground.
This is a powerful melee weapon for low to mid-level player characters, however, it has a relatively high weight. It has great reach, but a slow swinging speed. It can be found at some metro stations, and industrial sites such as the Pitt.
The sledgehammer can successfully strike about 500 times from full condition before breaking.
- The Tenderizer - A unique variant that is more powerful.
- Fawkes' sledgehammer - A unique, non-playable version used by Fawkes with a marginally higher attack speed.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- One can be found in Megaton, inside Lucas Simms' house. It must be stolen.
- They are typical armaments on melee-outfitted super mutant brutes, and can also be found in use by higher leveled melee-oriented raiders.
- One can be found on a shelf in Herbert "Daring" Dashwood's suite. It must be stolen.
- Caleb Smith carries one.
Despite their weight, sledgehammers can float on water.