|For an overview of sledgehammers in Fallout games, see sledgehammer.|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
A sledgehammer is used in heavier working conditions, such as industrial areas or for breaking ground.
This is a powerful weapon for low to mid-level players, however it has a relatively high weight. It has great reach, but slow swinging speed. It can be found at some metro stations, and, understandably, industrial sites such as The Pitt.
Durability[edit | edit source]
The sledgehammer can successfully strike about 500 times from full condition before breaking.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- The Tenderizer - A more powerful version of the sledgehammer.
- Fawkes' sledgehammer - A unique, non-playable version used by Fawkes with a marginally higher attack speed.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- One can be found in Megaton, inside Lucas Simms' house. Must be stolen.
- They are typical armaments on melee-outfitted super mutant brutes, and can also be found in use by higher leveled melee-oriented raiders.
- One can be found on a shelf in Herbert "Daring" Dashwood's suite. Note that taking it counts as stealing.
- Caleb Smith can be carrying or using one.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Despite their weight, sledgehammers will float if you drop them in water.