|For an overview of sledgehammers, see Sledgehammer.|
The weapon consists of a long wooden shaft and a metal hammer head.
|- Type of attack||- Skill required|
|- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per action point||- Additional effects|
- Note: Melee weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
It is possible to execute Mauler outside of V.A.T.S. (without the required Melee skill of 50 to perform the move) by initiating a power attack (hold attack button) while moving forward.
The sledgehammer can successfully strike about 745 times from full condition before breaking.
- Often carried by State of Utobitha super mutants on Black Mountain.
- Occasionally carried by Freeside thugs.
- Members of the Vipers gang sometimes carry them.
- Most of the Quarry workers in Sloan carry them.
- lobotomites, depending on the player character's level. They can often be found on
- Can be found on some of the group of troublemakers who attempt to hold up the Vikki and Vance Casino after the quest My Kind of Town is completed.
- marked men. Often used by
- It is a common weapon among Fiends.
- Can be found on the dead Boomers in the Nellis solar array generator room.
- One can be found at the South end of the emergency service railyard, next to a metal box under the platform.
- service route. Can be found in full condition in the