|For a cross-game overview of this perk, see Slayer.|
“The slayer walks the earth! The speed of all Melee Weapons and Unarmed attacks is increased by 30%.”— In-game description
The perk increases the speed of all melee and unarmed attacks by 30%.
- When completely bare-handed (no weapon equipped), swings will still be at a normal speed and unaffected by this perk.
- This perk does not affect Action Point costs. However, the increased speed does make V.A.T.S. attacks execute faster, thus reducing the amount of time that the Courier is "locked" in V.A.T.S. sequences where they are left vulnerable.
- The benefit of this perk can be utilized even more with the consumption of rushing water , offering a combination of +80% Melee/Unarmed attack speed.
Behind the scenes
- The Vault Boy image of Slayer is a reference to the 1982 action-adventure fantasy film Conan the Barbarian.
- The perk was given its name because Chris Jones was a fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.[Non-canon 1]