Simon has been with the Van Graff family for a couple years and is responsible for guarding the door at the Silver Rush. His duties include weapon checks and turning away drunks and addicts while keeping a very professional, authoritarian attitude. Simon likes to use a laser rifle, because of the superior speed of its projectiles, but Gloria wants at least one guard to use the plasma rifle (since the visual appeal draws in customers), so Simon is equipped with a plasma rifle instead.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Birds of a Feather: If the Courier wishes to work for the Van Graff family, Gloria's first task for them will be to aid Simon with checking over potential customers.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Black combat armor||Plasma rifle||Stimpak (75% ch.)
1x - 5x bottle caps (50% ch.)
1x-8x drained microfusion cells (75% ch.)
Van Graff key
- Simon is simply seen as Van Graff thug before Gloria Van Graff unveils his name to the Courier.
- Attacking or outright killing Simon will cause the other Van Graff thugs from inside the Silver Rush to rush outside and engage the Courier.
- If Simon is killed before he is assigned to guard the door during the Birds of a Feather quest, during which the Courier is required to speak with him, the quest will still be initiated, but it will be impossible to complete.
- Failing to prevent the bomber from destroying the store during the Birds of a Feather quest results in Simon investigating the ruined shop interior. Upon speaking to him inside, he will express anger towards the Courier for costing him his job. He will then become hostile and attack.
- After helping Simon with guarding the door, his speech dialogue will change. He will jokingly pretend to not recognize the Courier and afterwards let them enter the store.
- "I'm afraid I'm going to have to search you before letting you in. The only weapons allowed on the premises are the ones we're selling."
- "Other than that, relax. There's usually some eye candy coming and going from the Wrangler over there at some point, so the view's not too bad."
- "You can always tell a rookie. You look too eager. Give the job a few hours, and the shine'll come right off."
Simon appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Birds of a Feather quest. [verified]If a save is done and afterwards Simon attacks the player, caused by the player attacking a civilian in Freeside, a bug may appear in a reload of previous save where Simon still attacks the player without said civilian attack performed. This causes the player to automatically fail the