The Silver Shroud costume is a dark trenchcoat featuring silvery-gray lapels and a light scarf. Along with the matching fedora with a silver hatband, the Silver Shroud hat, it is obtainable as part of the side quest The Silver Shroud. When first obtained at Hubris Comics, the outfit will be named "Silver Shroud Costume" and be relatively weak in terms of protection. However, when it is given to Kent Connolly early in the quest, he will hand it back with an upgrade and it will be named "Silver Shroud Armor" now.
After the quest is finished, and if Kent Connolly survives, he will offer upgrades to the trenchcoat, the availability of which depending on the player character's level. Whenever a new upgrade is available, the Silver Shroud Radio station will become active when the Sole Survivor is around Goodneighbor, and Kent will state he has a "special delivery" for the Silver Shroud.
Any time the costume is upgraded, it will automatically reach its highest possible level, meaning if one chooses to wait until level 45 to complete the quest, the costume will be raised to its maximum level upon upgrading.
According to Kent himself, he had made modifications to the costume, including a set of combat armor underneath the armor itself to complement its protection value, a pre-War flak jacket underneath the trenchcoat to add protection from ballistic damage, and a series of poly-laminated plates to increase the armor's external protection. None of these affect the outfit's appearance, however.
|Level Acquired||Name||Weight||Dam Resist||Energy Resist||Rad Resist||Effects||Value||Base ID|
|--||Silver Shroud costume||2||0||15||15||+1 Agility
|--||Silver Shroud armor||7||42||42||0||+1 Agility
|25||Silver Shroud armor||7||57||57||0||+1 Agility
|35||Silver Shroud armor||7||70||70||0||+1 Agility
|45||Silver Shroud armor||7||87||87||0||+1 Agility
- A reward for completing The Silver Shroud quest, the costume can be found at the top floor of Hubris Comics on the mannequin with the costume.
- Once fully upgraded, the Silver Shroud armor is second only to the Railroad heavy armor MK V (and Operators armored dress with Nuka-World add-on) in terms of Damage Resistance for outfits, but lags behind in Energy Resistance. It also weighs far less than the Railroad coat and Operators dress at 7 pounds, instead of 50 and 71 respectively.
- Talking to Kent Connolly when not in possession of the costume will result in him telling the Sole Survivor to return when they have it.
- Wearing the costume will result in pre-War societies and entities commenting on it on occasion.
- Wearing the costume will unlock unique dialogue with a couple of comic book themed characters, namely the randomly encountered Manta Man and the Mechanist in the Automatron add-on.
- Wearing the costume unlocks unique dialogue with several characters in the Nuka-World add-on.
- The Silver Shroud costume can't be placed on armor racks until The Silver Shroud quest has been completed.
set MS04ArmorLevel to 45 and returning to Kent can fix this. This can also happen at lower levels (26-44). If you wish to get the earlier upgrades, you can set the armor's level to 25 or 35 using the console command. [verified]If you complete the quest after reaching level higher than 45, Kent won't offer any upgrades until you reach level 100. On PC, Using console command