Before belonging to the Van Graff family, the Silver Rush rivaled the Atomic Wrangler in Freeside. For unknown reasons, the Silver Rush attracted the ire of the Van Graffs, who killed its former occupants and then set up shop. It is now the biggest supplier of energy weapons in the Mojave Wasteland, which has caught the eye of the Head Paladin Hardin.
This building serves as the headquarters of the Van Graff family's operations, and as a hub of energy weapon supply in the Mojave Wasteland.
The main room is what remains of the gutted Silver Rush casino. In the center is a table full of energy weapons and ammunition. A shelf close to the door has a large amount of ammunition, plasma grenades, and mines.
Military barricades restrict movement of customers, to the advantage of security. Down a short hallway in the back of the accessible part of the store is a bathroom. The cashier's room is barricaded and locked. Past the locked door there are some safes, a locked terminal, and a stairway to the living quarters.
The upper floor of the building (directly behind the sign) can be accessed from the second floor of the neighboring ruined building directly to the northwest. The Courier may hop up the debris piles (companions can sometimes follow) to reach a semi-secret bedroom, complete with mattress and a small dining table that overlooks the street below.
- Cleansing Flame - Sold by Gloria
- Sprtel-Wood 9700 - Sold by Gloria
- The Smitty Special - Sold by Gloria
- All weapons and ammunition in the store can be stolen without Karma loss, but the guards will turn hostile if the player is caught, making it impossible to start the Birds of a Feather quest, or leading the quest to fail if the player already started it.
- The first time you enter Silver Rush a scripted event occurs between Gloria Van Graff and a customer who owes them money. Four guards block the walkways to the inner room behind the fence. Any attempt to move past the guards prior to the completion of the scripted event will result in all Silver Rush inhabitants becoming hostile.
- If Arcade Gannon is present as a companion when you enter Silver Rush for the first time, his scripted response in relation to the quest For Auld Lang Syne may interrupt and/or delay the completion of the Silver Rush scripted event with Gloria. The PC must wait behind the fence near the entrance to allow the scripted event to complete and avoid NPC hostility.
- If pursuing Heartache by the Number, the entire store will be hostile towards you either upon killing Gloria, or for reporting them to the NCR, so you'll be forced to kill them one way or another. Afterwards the entire store is fair game with no karma loss.
- Before entering the Silver Rush, the guard outside will take all the player's weapons (this includes hold-out weapons). The weapons will be returned when the player leaves the Silver Rush. After the player acquires the Birds of a Feather quest, the guards will stop taking the player's weapons on entry.
- During the quest Birds of a Feather, one can let the fourth "customer" in when standing outside the doors with Simon, and when the building blows up you can go to Jackson and hand him the evidence. This quest will not fail, and no one will treat it as if you went and killed them all. If you go into the building with Cass, she will be mad that you decided to kill the Van Graffs, but if you go to Jackson it will not affect the end result, and the the result will be the same as if you had not taken the revenge option.
Silver Rush appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Silver Rush has its design adapted from the real life gambling hall, the Silver Slipper. Also, Howard Hughes, the person which Mr. House was based on, bought the Silver Slipper in 1968. It also bears a similarity to the old motif/logo of real life Las Vegas casino Golden Nugget.
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 When entering the Silver Rush the first time, the scripted event might hang at the execution.[verified]
- Sometimes reloading the autosave from entering will resolve the problem. Using the console commands "kill" and "resurrect" in sequence on Jean-Baptiste can also fix the issue. Leaving and re-entering, then talk to her to receive Birds of a Feather can also fix it. Using the console command set "10d8e5".ShootingVolunteer to 1, which advances the script past the part where it sticks also works. Another possible fix is to open the console and type "prid 0010d8e7", then type "say VFSVanGraffLaughter".
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 If weapons are stolen from the table, then the auto-save gained from entering the Silver Rush is loaded the previously stolen weapons will be in full condition after the save loads. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Sometimes stolen energy weapons will stack in the inventory, but will be displayed as a single item. Dropping an item of that type fixes this.[verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Sometimes, the inventory of Gloria never updates according to character level, selling only the same low-level weapons. [verified]
- this glitch can be fixed by saving right in front of Gloria, quitting the game to the main menu, and reloading that save. This should restock Gloria's inventory.
- Xbox 360 With the Mysterious Stranger perk, and after completing Heartache by the Number without killing the Van Graffs, if the Courier quickly targets a thug and kills him in V.A.T.S mode, the Mysterious Stranger will be completely invisible and can be targeted with V.A.T.S mode. He will be there forever afterwards and if damaged enough will become hostile. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Sometimes, when entering the Silver Rush with a companion, it is possible that the companion will disappear, while still showing on the map, but invisible and completely static. [verified]