|For an overview of 10mm pistol models in the Fallout series of games, see 10mm pistol.|
The large-framed N99 was selected as the standard issue conventional sidearm of the United States military, following the phaseout of the N80 in 2051. The long-barreled pistol remained in service for 26 years, until the Great War destroyed the United States. The pistol is designed to withstand the most extreme conditions, which was one of the requirements for a new service sidearm. It can also be repaired easily by anyone with even the most basic technical knowledge. This includes both clearing misfeeds and restoring a unit to working condition after long exposure to elements without maintenance.
These features also make it popular with wastelanders, who appreciate the ease of maintenance. It remains a common weapon, as even though many civilian units were ruined, they can easily be restored by anyone with some repair knowledge. Even damaged units can be used reliably, though they will offer subpar performance and jam frequently. The number of manufactured pistols means that parts are easy to come by, however. The N99 10mm pistol may be equipped with a suppressor for more covert applications.
An N99 10mm pistol equipped with a suppressor, which allows for silent kills if the target is killed with the first shot. This stealth feature comes at the cost of durability and damage, but a sneak attack always results in a critical hit, so the lower damage can be compensated for, especially with the Better Criticals perk.
Firing the silenced 10mm pistol will not increase the chance to be detected unless the player character has a very low Sneak skill. It is therefore useful for killing weaker enemies like radroaches, mole rats, and sometimes even raiders, without drawing attention from other enemies. A high enough Small Guns skill makes it a useful close-quarters weapon in office building type settings, such as the Bethesda ruins and the Museum of History.
A fully-repaired silenced 10mm pistol can fire approximately 333 rounds, the equivalent of 28 reloads, before breaking. This is around 223 rounds fewer than the standard 10mm pistol.
- 10mm pistol - does more damage than the silenced 10mm pistol, this highly common gun is the first (besides the BB gun) that the Lone Wanderer may encounter in the game.
- Colonel Autumn's 10mm pistol - Carried by Enclave Colonel Augustus Autumn, the colonel's 10mm pistol is nearly twice as powerful as the regular version.
- Sim version - a sim-only version of the weapon which has been re-skinned to appear newer and less worn. It also differs in health, with a significant 999,150 hit points, essentially preventing the gun from ever degrading. This weapon is not normally accessible outside of the simulation.
|The following is based on Fallout 3 cut content.|
- No ammo silenced 10mm pistol - this strange pistol is only obtainable with the Operation: Anchorage add-on. This variant degrades but has a bottomless magazine.
- 10mm alloy steel pistol - another version of the weapon was cut from the Operation Anchorage add-on, it differs from the standard 10mm pistol in appearance only, using the same new skin as the sim only version.
- Sonora Cruz' 10mm pistol - a unique pistol found on Sonora Cruz. It deals 100 damage, but Sonora always flees from enemies, and never uses her pistol.
|End of information based on Fallout 3 cut content.|
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Colonel Autumn's 10mm pistol||13||78||6||x1||13||17||0.8||0.5||12||577||3||325||108.3|
|Silenced 10mm pistol||8||48||6||x2||5||21||0.4||0.5||12||333||3||250||83.3|
- Germantown police HQ - in the armory on the ground floor of the station.
- Megaton - can be purchased from Moira Brown in Craterside Supply on rare occasions.
- Megaton - can be obtained by killing Mr. Burke before or after he kills Lucas Simms.
- Paradise Falls - on the counter of Lock and Load. Must be stolen, no Karma loss.
- Rivet City - can be purchased from Flak 'N Shrapnel's in the Rivet City Marketplace.
- Tenpenny Tower - can be purchased from Michael Masters, if the ghouls were allowed to live there.
- Vault 108 - in the entrance near some mole rats.
- In Marigold station, down on the tracks, leaning in a cubby hole of a locker, along with a box of 10mm rounds.
- The hotel occupied by the Brotherhood of Steel, next to Pennsylvania Avenue northwest.
- In the caves under Oasis, after one decides the fate of Harold, head to the door to the right, there is a cave where it can be found. Diving under the water will allow for an exit via the underwater door back to Oasis.
- Underwater by a sunken car at the docks near Arefu, along with an ammunition box with 10mm rounds.
- Anchorage Reclamation simulation and will be removed after they take out the Chinese artilleries. A pre-war variant will be given to the player character at the beginning of the
- Calvert Mansion - in Desmond's armory area, in Point Lookout.
- House of Wares - can be purchased from Panada, in Point Lookout.
- TestPhil_(Operation:_Anchorage) room via console commands. The no ammo variant can be found on a table along with other cut items in a room next to the one teleports into by clipping into it after teleporting into the
- Citadel terminal entries; weapon information research database terminal, N99 10mm Pistol
- The Lone Wanderer: "Your gun is jammed? Can I take a look at it?"
Pek: "Sure, I guess. Can you fix it?"
The Lone Wanderer: "Sure can. Here, just pull this back to clear the chamber."
Pek: "Wow... that's... that's easy. Now at least I can shoot back at those mutant bastards. Are you ready?"