The silenced .22 pistol is a .22LR round handgun with an integrated silencer. It's classified as a silent weapon, and can be used to attack targets without alerting nearby creatures or NPCs to the player's presence. It also has bonuses to critical hit chance and critical hit damage, making it an effective stealth weapon in tandem with sneak attack criticals. It is a holdout weapon, and as such can be snuck into places where the player's weapons are confiscated. Along with Li'l Devil and the Police pistol, the silenced .22 pistol is one of only three guns that can be used as holdout weapons regardless of the player's Sneak skill.
The silenced .22 pistol can fire a total of about 495 standard rounds, the equivalent of 31 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
|Standard, HP & plinking||495||31|
- Camp McCarran - located on a table inside one of the tents on the west side of the camp.
- Camp McCarran - located in a locker in the prisoner room where Silus is held.
- General store - can be found on a display counter.
- Goodsprings - can be purchased from Chet or stolen from counter in his store.
- Gun Runners - you can occasionally find one or more for sale from Vendortron.
- Primm - inside Vikki and Vance Casino, lying on the floor by the roulette tables in the side room.
- The Strip - across from the Lucky 38 casino, there is a gun salesman who sells holdout weapons, including the silenced .22 along with ammunition.
- The Tops presidential suite - two can be found equipped by Benny's bodyguards in the ambush on your character in presidential suite.
- Ultra-Luxe - found on the assassin sent to kill Chauncey during the quest Beyond the Beef.
- During the quest "Beyond the Beef," Heck Gunderson will give you one.
- Sometimes sold (up to 3 at a time) by Michelle Kerr at the 188 Trading Post
- Lucky 38 cocktail lounge - located in a hard (75 Lockpick) locked briefcase.
- The silenced .22 pistol is the only Guns-skill weapon (outside of content from add-ons) which is classified as a normal holdout weapon, allowing you to sneak it into weapon-free areas regardless of your Sneak skill.
- It can be used for the Deathclaw Pro Hunter challenge.
Behind the scenesEdit