Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The silenced .22 pistol is a .22LR round handgun with an integrated silencer. It is classified as a silent weapon and can be used to attack targets without alerting nearby creatures or NPCs to the player character's presence. It also has bonuses to critical hit chance and critical hit damage, making it an effective stealth weapon in tandem with Sneak Attack Criticals. It is a holdout weapon, and as such can be snuck into places where weapons are confiscated.
Durability[edit | edit source]
The silenced .22 pistol can fire a total of about 495 standard rounds, the equivalent of 31 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
|Standard, HP & plinking||495||31|
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Camp McCarran - located on a table inside one of the tents on the west side of the camp.
- Camp McCarran - located in a locker in the prisoner room where Silus is held.
- Goodsprings - can be purchased from Chet or stolen from the counter in his store.
- Gun Runners - can occasionally find one or more for sale from Vendortron.
- Primm - inside the Vikki and Vance Casino, lying on the floor by the roulette tables in the side room.
- The Strip - across from the Lucky 38 casino, sold by the gun salesman Mister Holdout.
- The Tops presidential suite - two can be found equipped by Benny's bodyguards in the ambush on the Courier.
- Ultra-Luxe - found on the assassin sent to kill Chauncey during the quest Beyond the Beef.
- During the quest "Beyond the Beef," Heck Gunderson will provide one.
- Sometimes sold (up to three at a time) by Michelle Kerr at the 188 Trading Post.
- Lucky 38 cocktail lounge - located in a Hard locked briefcase.
- General store - can be found on a display counter.
- Hopeville Missile Base Headquarters - inside an opened safe.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Along with Li'l Devil and the police pistol, the silenced .22 pistol is one of only three guns that can be used as holdout weapons regardless of the player character's Sneak skill.
- The silenced .22 pistol is the only Guns-skill weapon (outside of content from add-ons) which is classified as a normal holdout weapon, allowing one to sneak it into weapon-free areas regardless of one's Sneak skill.
- It can be used for the Deathclaw Pro Hunter challenge.