|For an overview of submachine gun models in the Fallout series of games, see submachine gun.|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The silenced .22 SMG is a distinctive weapon with its unusual pan magazine, which sits atop the gun rather than under. The silencer is integrated into the barrel with no modifications required.
However, it shares the common weakness of most shotguns and automatic weapons in Fallout: New Vegas, in that much of its theoretical power is negated by the Damage Threshold system. In addition to losing much of its damage, the high spread of this weapon requires the player character to be at close ranges for all of the rounds fired to impact on the target.
Durability[edit | edit source]
The silenced .22 SMG can fire a total of about 4995 standard rounds, the equivalent of 28 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
|Ammunition type||Unmodified||W/ Expanded drums|
|Standard, HP & plinking||4995||28||4995||21|
Modification[edit | edit source]
- Silenced .22 submachine gun expanded drums - Adds +60 ammunition capacity.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Silenced .22 SMG||10||110||11||x0.23||20||4||19||2.1||2.0||180||4995||8||1850||231.3||50||2|
|Silenced .22 SMG||10||110||11||x0.23||20||4||19||2.1||2.0||240||4995||8||2950||368.8||50||2|
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Gun Runners - The Vendortron sells one.
- Lakelurk cove - Found in one of two duffle bags at the extreme southeast of the map, east of Blue Paradise Vacation Rentals.
- The Tops - The Chairman greeter will usually have this weapon as well as Benny's guards.
- Vault 3 - Found on several Fiends.
- Morning Star Cavern - May randomly generate on the mercenary or in his duffle bag.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- With the expanded drums mod, the iron sights also appear to be modified slightly, as they would need to be raised to accommodate the larger pan magazine.
- The Silenced .22LR SMG is one of few weapons that has its own unique reload animation. No other gun has this reload animation and it has no unique counterpart.
- This gun does more damage per pound of ammo than any other automatic gun on Hardcore mode, at 1184/lb.