“Rose needs help boosting her signal before she'll trust me. The first thing I need to do is find some signal repeater schematics that were last seen on a Responder's corpse near Seneca Rocks”
In order to follow Hank Madigan's trail, the dwellers need to reach the top of the Top of the World. Problem is, a raider named Rose is unwilling to let them access the uplink chamber, unless they repair the radio station for "her."
- Go to the Top of the World to start the quest.
- Find the signal repeater schematic on Major Darion Jones' corpse at Seneca Rocks.
- Find an SMU-97 transponder at Horizon's Rest.
- Find an RCX01-A39 duplexer at 98 NAR Regional.
- Use a tinker's workbench to craft a signal repeater.
- Install the signal repeater at the National Isolated Radio Array.
- Divert power to the repeater.
- Return to the Top of the World and take the elevator to the observation level.
- Speak to Rose to complete the quest.
- The player cannot access the top level unless they repair the signal. No problem, although it does require a bit of legwork. First, the player needs to head over to the Seneca Rocks Visitor Center and search the bodies there for Signal repeater notes and a signal repeater schematic. Look for Major Darion Jones, in military fatigues.
- Then it's a matter of collecting the pieces: An RCX01-A39 duplexer at the 98 NAR Regional wreckage and an SMU-97 transponder at the Horizon's Rest.
- The transponder is located up on the cliffs, inside the derelict airliner's pilot's cabin, on the wall.
- The duplexer is in the overturned red NAR wagon just next to the State route at the crash.
- Combine the two at any tinker's workbench to create a signal booster.
- With it in hand, the player has to head to the National Isolated Radio Array and mount it in the auxiliary dish to the northeast. Problem is, doing so spawns a horde of robots by the chainlink fence to the west, just beyond which lies the hut where the player has to redirect the power, on the terminal.
- After wiping the robots out, the player simply has to reroute the power and return to Rose at the Top of the World. She will let them up and allow them to "meet" Hank Madigan. Looks like she needs a couple more favors to really open up and allow the player to get what they need.
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.