The Lone Wanderer should head inside the station, and they will find the activation switch for the radio signal located on the wall to the right, behind the power generators.
Following the signal leads the Lone Wanderer to a Sealed Cistern at the foot of the drop-off, due south of the south corner of the WKML building. Entering the grate, they find themselves in a short drainage tunnel, blocked at the far end by sandbags. To the right side of the desk is the Explosives Bobblehead that adds 10 points to the Explosives skill.
Along with the bobblehead, they will find the following: one RadAway, two bottles of purified water, one stimpak, one Rad-X, a .32 pistol with 5 rounds in a box, a Stealth Boy a fission battery, and a lunchbox.
- It seems that the radio operator, now a skeleton, had taken her life with the pistol some time ago.
- Entering the grate with Fawkes causes him to get stuck. Firing him seems to be the only way to escape.
- Turning clipping off shows that there is nothing in the rooms past the sandbags that the players can see on their local map.
- Turning clipping off will also reveal a hidden red 'X' under the sand bags. By right clicking on the object while in the console, the marker has a reference ID named "Radio Signal Kilo Bravo"; the location of the transmission.
- Judging by the morse code translation, the message is actually asking if anyone is nearby as if the sender were asking "Is anybody out there?"
The station transmits:
|-.-. --.-||CQ||Calling anyone|
|-.- -...||KB||Kilo Bravo|
|-.- -...||KB||(The operator's|
|-.- -...||KB||call sign)|
So overall it says: "Calling anyone this is Kilo Bravo over". Basically, "over" is actually saying "I am awaiting reply".