The shuttle bus is smaller than other buses found in the area, with the engine situated at the front under the hood. All shuttle buses contain a first aid kit, usually located behind the driver or on the rear passenger side.
Some shuttle buses have Whitespring logos on the side, and others have the remains of their passengers within, including those with ski equipment and military personnel. A bus in the Crater is painted orange, and several green and white variants are found scattered along roadways and in parking lots. There are 45 shuttle buses in Appalachia, specific locations of which are as followed.
- Several can be found around Sunnytop Ski Lanes and at the Sunnytop Station.
- Several at Berkeley Springs.
- Several at the Whitespring Resort and the Whitespring Golf Club.
- Three behind the Whitespring service entrance.
- Bolton Greens, just outside the entrance.
- One can be found on the road just east of the National Isolated Radio Array.
- A red unmarked shuttle bus can be found on Route 63 south of the Whitespring Resort.
- One can be found outside of Vault 76.
- One can be seen in a traffic jam near the Investigator's cabin.
- One at Morgantown.
- One at Uncanny Caverns.
- One at Gilman lumber mill.
- One at the Crater.
The shuttle buses will catch fire and subsequently explode if repetitively struck, which will destroy the entire front of the vehicle, causing little damage to the rear.