Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The shoulder mounted machine gun is essentially a shoulder-mounted minigun. It is chamberered to use 10mm rounds and has a low rate of fire compared to other heavy automatic weapons. It has the highest damage per round of weapons chambered for the 10mm round. However, it can be difficult to maintain, as only other SMMGs can repair it, even with Jury Rigging, and it is extremely expensive to repair unless the player character has a ready supply of weapon repair kits. Alternatively, if the first rank of ED-E's upgrades was found, repairing this gun will not be a problem.
Durability[edit | edit source]
The shoulder mounted machine gun can fire a total of about 3,995 standard rounds, the equivalent of 67 reloads, or 54 reloads when modified with the extended magazine, from full condition before breaking. When modified with the mechanical upgrade, it can fire a total of about 4,995 standard rounds, the equivalent of 84 reloads, or 67 reloads when modified with both the mechanical upgrade and the extended magazine.
|Ammunition type||Unmodified||W/ Extended magazine||W/ Mechanical upgrade||W/ both mods|
|Standard, HP & JHP||3995||67||3995||54||4995||84||4995||67|
The shoulder mounted machine gun is considered a unique class of weapon, and therefore cannot benefit from the Jury Rigging perk.
Modifications[edit | edit source]
- Shoulder mounted machine gun mechanical upgrade - Increases weapon condition by 25%.
- Shoulder mounted machine gun recoil compensator - Reduces spread by 0.2.
- Shoulder mounted machine gun extended magazine - increases maximum ammunition capacity by 15.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Shoulder mounted machine gun||30||210||7||x0||20||3||30||3||0.9||60||3995||17||7500||441.2||75||7|
|Shoulder mounted machine gun||30||210||7||x0||20||3||30||3||0.7||75||4995||17||37750||2220.6||75||7|
Locations[edit | edit source]
- On the body of the unique marked man Beast, right after the Courier exits the underpass.
- In a military shipping crate south of the collapsed overpass tunnel entrance. After detonating the warhead here, jump off the south side of the road and move up through the rubble to reach the crate.
- In a military shipping crate at High Road entrance.
- Carried by marked men near the end of the Divide.
- One of the two marked Men in the scripted attack inside the Hopeville women's barracks may wield one.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When fully upgraded and repaired, it is worth 37,745 caps, making it one of the game's most valuable weapons.
- The hotkey emblem for this weapon is the same as that of an explosive weapon.
- Despite the rotating barrel arrangement, there is no spool-up duration, unlike miniguns.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Xbox 360 Picking up one in lesser condition than the one in your inventory may replace the one you already had with the more damaged copy. An easy way to prevent losing the SMMG in better condition is to equip it before picking up the more damaged one. Keep it equipped until you give it to ED-E or use it for something else.[verified]
Sounds[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]