Missing data (missing: the new one)
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
|For an overview of all shelter related articles, see shelter.|
Background[edit | edit source]
The constructs serve as underground shelters, similar to the Vaults designed by Vault-Tec to protect individuals from the nuclear apocalypse of the Great War, but also act as separate homes from the C.A.M.P. proper, having both their own building budget and special Vault-Tec themed decorations or house parts that can be only used in the Shelter.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Shelters are instanced C.A.M.P.-like interiors with separate budgets and relaxed building rules. Certain types of objects are prohibited, and different shelter types may have different entrance designs. On the world map, the C.A.M.P.s of teammates with Shelters are marked with a small radiation icon. A terminal at the Shelters Claim Center acts as an in-game help guide to various Shelter features.
Features[edit | edit source]
Shelters have the following unique features:
- Instanced interior with increased budget independent from C.A.M.P. and other Shelters
- Objects can be placed without support (i.e. floating)
- Can toggle object snapping on/off
- Relaxed object boundary/clipping restrictions
- Persistent interiors even after moving C.A.M.P.
- Death inside a Shelter doesn't drop a loot bag
- Control panel may be used to repair or scrap all objects
- Built-in "foundation" floors with standard snapping points
- Shelter entrances may be placed inside other Shelters
- Teammates may build in each others instances
- Teammate C.A.M.P.s containing unlocked Shelters have a "Shelter" icon next to the standard C.A.M.P. icon
- Objects from the following categories cannot be built: Allies, Food, Water, Resources, Displays, and Vendors
Variants[edit | edit source]
|Description||Editor ID||Form ID|
|Vault Atrium Shelter||Atomic Shop
|Build to new heights in the safety of your own Vault Atrium Shelter! This Shelter features an extra tall building area and Overseer's Room.
Build this entrance to access your Atrium Shelter.
|Vault Lobby Shelter||Fallout 1st reward
|Give your vault an appropriate entry way with the Vault Lobby Shelter.
Features a Vault door and separate back room.
Build this entrance to access your Lobby Shelter.
|Vault Quarters Shelter||Unknown||700
|Give your friends their own space in your Vault Quarters Shelter. Features four separate living spaces.
Build this entrance to access your Quarters Shelter.
|Vault Utility Room Shelter||Home Expansion quest reward||700||Build the vault of your dreams in the safety of your Vault Utility Room Shelter.
Build this entrance to access your Utility Room Shelter.
Awarded on completion of "Home Expansion."
Related quests[edit | edit source]
- Home Expansion: Shelters are unlocked via completing the quest at the Shelters Claim Center located to the side of the sealed entrance to Vault 51. Speak to the Mister Handy waiting inside, Mr. Clark, register on the terminal, speak to him again, and the Shelter can be built upon the quest's completion.