Grizzly old Sheffield once had been hitting the bottle of whiskey a bit too hard. He was an alcoholic in his youth, a choice that cost him the health of his liver. Now no longer allowed to drink booze due to the intervention of his doctor, Sheffield turned to a brand of soft drink, Nuka-Cola, to help him get the feeling of the high life he desired. He became addicted to the ingredients in the soda, depending on the caffeine to help him stay awake.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character starts quests.|
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
- Unlike other settlers, he can die during a battle and won't regenerate health.
- Despite being a Nuka-Cola addict, he will never consume any Nuka-Cola given to him. They remain in his inventory and can be taken back through trading, even the one given to him for his recruitment.
Sheffield appears only in Fallout 4.
- Playstation 4 Xbox One If spoken to after being recruited to a settlement, Sheffield may repeatedly thank the Survivor for the Nuka-Cola, even if the bottle is taken from his inventory.[verified]
- Playstation 4 If assigned to work as a trader you will not be able to access the store. He will simply talk about Nuka-Cola instead. (NOTE: Sheffield does work as a trader, though there are hiccups due to his character never being assigned merchant dialogue. Half of his dialogue leads the Sole Survivor offering to come work for him and Sheffield repeating his thanks for Nuka-Cola, the other half leads to the barter screen.)[verified]
- PC If Sheffield is kidnapped while assigned as a provisioner, he will be missing the required dialogue and won't say anything. This will cause him to stay put despite choosing the option to free him. Leaving him there for too long will cause the rescue mission to fail, the route between the settlements will become unassigned, and Sheffield will die.[verified]