|For the robot, see Imposter Sheepsquatch.|
A cryptid stalking the Appalachian mountains, the Sheepsquatch myth was an obsession for a cryptid hunter named Calvin van Lowe, who devoted his life to hunting it down. The Wandering storyteller talks at length about the creature, questioning how it came to be and their experience with them in the past.
Sheepsquatches have a high amount of Hit Points and are always 1-star Legendary enemies, which makes them hardy adversaries. Upon regenerating to full health and gaining their Legendary bonuses, they will begin to glow red.
When encountered towards the end of the Free Range event, they will dig themselves out of the ground, similarly to the deathclaw at deathclaw island. They will howl before initiating combat, giving ample time to prepare for the challenging fight ahead. They will also howl at random intervals during combat, allowing the player character a few precious moments to heal.
They will often perform a basic swipe and headbutt attack at nearby enemies. This does not do significant damage, but if they manage to stagger the player character, it can make it quite difficult to survive a repeated bombardment of hits. They can also jump and launch their quills in a powerful area of effect attack.
If their opponent is out of melee range, they can rip out a handful of poisonous quills and throw them at their target. They can also perform a ram attack that allows them to close the distance between themselves and attackers very quickly.
They will consistently perform a jump attack that staggers the player character, resulting in a temporary debuff of 50% to movement speed and a cut to ranged accuracy. Due to their ability to utilize ranged attacks, they will never flee from the player character, even if the player character is attacking from high ground. Sheepsquatches are unable to be permanently crippled. If both of their legs are fully damaged, they will collapse momentarily, but get back up again and resume combat.
|Name (Form ID)||Abilities||Items|
Primal Cuts (Ash Heap)
- Event: Free Range - Up to two Sheepsquatches will appear as the boss fight.
- Event: Primal Cuts - A prime Sheepsquatch will appear as the final boss of the Ash Heap variation.
- Event: Project Paradise - An alpha Sheepsquatch may appear as the boss should Habitat A receive the most items deposited.
- Assault-type random encounters (Ash Heap, Cranberry Bog, the Mire, Savage Divide)
- Braxson's Quality Medical Supplies
- Creekside sundew grove
- Overgrown sundew grove
- Sparse sundew grove
- North of Monorail elevator
- Outside Vault 96, to the southwest, down on the edge of the cliff
- On the road south of Scenic overlook
- Southwest of Scenic overlook and west of Federal Disposal Field HZ-21, at the top of a high cliff.
- Near the Top of the World. (If used for Rose's syringer during Flavors of Mayhem, Rose will act accordingly.)
- Southwest of Welch when leaving town via the road, next to a house containing an overseer holotape.
- Scene-type random encounters (Ash Heap, Cranberry Bog, the Mire, Savage Divide)
- Sleeping Sheepsquatch
- Sheepsquatch vs. albino radstags
- The Sheepsquatch may only be encountered in the Forest during the Free Range and Project Paradise events.
- Sheepsquatch are not encountered in the Toxic Valley.
- Sheepsquatchs have an ear tag.
- The Enlightened refer to "Squatches of Diverse Shape" in their tome False Gods of Appalachia.
Behind the scenes
- The Sheepsquatch is a woolly-haired cryptid reported across numerous counties in West Virginia, predominantly within the southwestern region of the state.
- Ian Olsen created the character model for the Sheepsquatch, in addition to providing sculpting tips for its related weapons, including the sheepsquatch club and staff.
- Wandering storyteller: "Or perhaps radiation is to blame, causing an ordinary farm animal to warp and distort into a living nightmare."
- Wandering storyteller: "How could such a vile creation exist? The product of fornication carried out far from the eyes of God! Truly an unholy creation!"
- Wandering storyteller: "Still, I do wonder what poor, forsaken soul found themselves so lonely, driven by madness they made company with a damn goat?"
- Wandering storyteller: "Many thought it to be a thief using a disguise to hide his identity. Hell, at the time that's what i thought. So when I saw the upright figure of a goat bathed in moonlight I figured the thief was coming my way."
- The Alpha Sheepsquatch at Project Paradise is always 3-star
- Fallout 76 - Sheepsquatch Weapons