Doing research into the conspiracy in Berkeley Springs I came across their own connection to Shanghai Sally. Sally was a summer news sensation, so I had heard of her, of course. But locals identifying her as Kathryn Montgomery made me curious.
The more I researched, the more oddities I found:
* Rutkowski reportedly went back east to deal with a family emergency the day after he gave testimony to the police. He has not been heard from since. This is despite his many close friends trying to find him.
* There are absolutely no records that a Kathryn Montgomery ever existed. Yet almost a dozen people claimed to know her very well, and recall her "chumming around" with other off-duty military personnel.
* Several other soldiers (regulars of bars and houses of ill-repute) went missing around the same time frame.
* Two of the Ultra-Luxe "mobsters" look very similar to those missing soldiers. But given the number of bullet wounds on the face and bodies, it's hard to make a positive ID.
* The streets of Berkeley Springs have more Army MPs on them than a military base. They've been here so long that the citizens don't even recognize how strange that is.
So connecting the dots and posing a theory... Shanghai Sally is Kathryn Montgomery. She and several accomplices somehow made over $20 million dollars and went to Las Vegas. Then the government found them and used any means necessary to silence them permanently.
I can feel it in my bones. The Treasure of Appalachia is real. Montgomery found it, and died because of it.
- Shanghai Sally: Berkeley Springs
- Shanghai Sally: Casino Shootout
- Shanghai Sally: Chapter Closed
- Ultra-Luxe shootout