Shakes is the Federalist Lounge's robotic bartender, and he dutifully serves drinks twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. In fact, being a bartender is all Shakes has ever known; he was commissioned by Allistair Tenpenny for that very purpose. Shakes doesn't have much to say, but he can offer discounts on drinks if you know which buttons to press.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: 120|
Sells: drinks and stimpaks
Effects of player's actionsEdit
- If the Lone Wanderer convinces Tenpenny to allow the ghouls to live at the tower, Shakes will survive after the ghouls "purge" the tower of its human residents. Apparently, Roy Phillips does not find killing Shakes necessary, as he is not human.
- Initially, Shakes serves drinks at some of the highest prices across the Capital Wasteland. However, if the Lone Wanderer hacks into his programming terminal, his prices can be lowered significantly. The terminal is beside him on the bar and if hacked into Shakes be set to either sell at a "Holiday Discount (10%)" or a hefty "V.I.P. Discount (50%)" (but not both). If the Lone Wanderer is caught doing this, Shakes and all the bar patrons will become hostile. After hacking his terminal and setting up the V.I.P. discount program, his demeanor will change, addressing the Lone Wanderer as "Sir" or "Ma'am," depending on gender, and telling them what an honor it is to serve them.
- If the Lone Wanderer engages in a fight with security guards (killing them will give negative Karma), Shakes will attack the Lone Wanderer, but killing him will give them no negative Karma.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Hand and head laser||Shake's liquor cabinet key
- "Welcome to the Federalist Lounge. I'm Shakes. Wet your whistle?"
- "A very special welcome to you, Sir/Ma'am."
- "Happy Holidays! Care for a drink?"
Shakes appears only in Fallout 3.
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 With the "Holiday Discount" enabled, talking to Shakes will cause him to say "Happy Holidays, care for a drink?" However the text reads "Happy Holidays, dare for drink?"[verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Even though Shakes is innocent and meant to survive any attack on Tenpenny Tower, re-entering the lobby cell will cause the feral ghouls to attack Shakes if they can detect him.[verified]
- Playstation 3 Xbox 360 If the player has killed Shakes anywhere on the lobby floor (including upstairs), every time the lobby is entered, his body will bounce or fly around to any part of the lobby, including down stairs and directly from the air.[verified]