The lab was used by the Beverageer Division to research and develop different kinds of tastes for Nuka-Cola. After John-Caleb Bradberton made an agreement with the US military to receive a life-extending machine, the lab was used to work on Project Cobalt. Even after the Great War, the work on Project Cobalt continued. In the end, Edmund Medford hung himself and Rex Meacham was driven mad, killing both Kate Leavitt and Ruth while fatally injuring Kevin Bennell.
The lab is not accessible until the power is restored to Nuka-World. A computer in the bottling area of the World of Refreshment unlocks the door to an area that leads to an elevator down to the secure laboratory.
The laboratory also has a back door leading directly to Kiddie Kingdom; located in the employee tunnels just behind the reactor. The back door is unlocked using a terminal in the employee tunnels.
- Project Cobalt complete and Project Cobalt schematics - The schematics are in a firing range room next to a weapons workbench.
- 2 Nuka Quantum grenade - On the same table as the schematics.
- Thirst Zapper - Next to the schematics.
- 2 Nuka-Cola Quantum - One is in the southernmost room, next to the Beverageer's terminal. The second is on the same table as the Project Cobalt schematics.
- Nuka-Cade ticket roll - In the same room.
- Four Meacham recordings, spread throughout the lab.
- Meacham recording AB27 - On top of a broken wooden shelf, in one of the non-locked bedrooms upstairs.
- Meacham recording AB30 - On the kitchen's counter, in the room facing the elevator leading to the World of Refreshment.
- Meacham recording AB35 - In the same room as the Beverageer's terminal, under a Nuka-Cade ticket roll.
- Meacham recording AB42 - Upon a console in the easternmost room.