The station is only accessible by acquiring the Searchlight fire station key from Logan, a prospector found in the storage area of the Searchlight west church. Once acquired, access to the entrance/garage area will result in an attack from a radscorpion queen along with several smaller radscorpions. On the wall opposite the entrance are two fire axes. The shelving unit next to the axes contains two RadAway and five fire helmets.
The upstairs level consists of four main rooms, including has a large room full of beds and duffle bags, a kitchen containing numerous irradiated consumables, a bathroom, and the fire chief's office. The office contains a locked terminal, a RadAway, and another fire helmet. The bathroom is where a unique fire axe Knock-Knock can be found, as well as the last fire helmet.
- Knock-Knock - Found in the upstairs bathroom, in the stall with the skeleton, on the right side of the toilet.
- Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap - On the table in the kitchen, next to several empty bottles.
- Seven fire helmets - Five on the ground floor on the shelves in the garage, one upstairs in the chief's office on a shelf, and one in the bathroom stall where Knock-Knock is found.
- Legion orders - Found on two recruit legionaries in the garage.
- In the base game, most variants of fixed irradiated food is found here.
- All the food in the kitchen is irradiated, yet the food in the refrigerator isn't.
- On the left-hand side upon entering, there are two dead Legionaries whose corpses can be looted to find instructions given by Vulpes Inculta. In front of them are two flatbed trucks containing sealed canisters of nuclear waste, two of these canisters are on the ground, having been opened by the dead Legionaries. This is the source of the radiation which irradiated and destroyed Camp Searchlight.
- There are two fire trucks outside of the station that would be too big to fit through the bay door.
The Searchlight fire station appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit