The Scorched killer's receiver is a weapon mod in Fallout 76 for the 10mm pistol, the 10mm submachine gun, the assault rifle, the combat rifle, the combat shotgun, the double-barrel shotgun, the handmade rifle, the hunting rifle, the lever action rifle, the pipe gun, the pump action shotgun and the submachine gun.
The Scorched killer's receiver was originally theorized by Hank Madigan upon an expedition to the AMS corporate headquarters in Watoga whilst he was a part of the Fire Breathers. Upon searching the headquarters, Madigan discovered scientific research that detailed the property of depleted ultracite reacting with regular ultracite to produce a corrosive substance. Madigan then speculated that this property of ultracite could be utilized in a weapon that fired depleted ultracite bullets to combat the Scorched.
This receiver was then designed for twelve different weapons, whose schematics were logged into a terminal that required passwords from Fire Breathers sergeants Allemane, Cominsky and Holstein. Some 10mm pistols were modified with this receiver and now serve as a standard-issue training implement for training Fire Breathers exploring the Belching Betty mine.
When applied to compatible weapons, the Scorched Killer's receiver mod will cause damage dealt with attached weapons to have a damage increase of 50% against the Scorched, whilst dealing 20% less damage to everything else. Weapons with the applied mod will then fire bullets with a blue muzzle flash, to denote the presence of the weapon mod.
The recipe for this weapon mod varies depending on the weapon for which it is made:
Nuclear material (12-17)
Scorched killer's receiver (1)
|10mm submachine gun||6||5||5||9||12||15|
|Lever action rifle||6||5||5||9||12||15|
|Pump action shotgun||6||5||5||9||12||15|
|10mm pistol||miscmod_mod_10mm _Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003c344b||mod_10mm_Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003c3457|
|10mm submachine gun||miscmod_mod_10mmSMG _Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003c344d||mod_10mmSMG_Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003c345a|
|Assault rifle||miscmod_mod_AssaultRifle _Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003c3452||mod_AssaultRifle_Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003c345b|
|Combat rifle||miscmod_mod_CombatRifle _Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003c344e||mod_CombatRifle_Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003c345c|
|Combat shotgun||miscmod_mod_CombatShotgun _Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003c344f||mod_CombatShotgun_Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003c345d|
|Double-barrel shotgun||miscmod_mod_DoubleBarrelShotgun _Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003c3451||mod_DoubleBarrelShotgun_Receiver _ScorchedKiller||003c345e|
|Handmade rifle||miscmod_DLC04_mod_HandmadeGun _Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003c3455||mod_HandmadeGun_Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003c3461|
|Hunting rifle||miscmod_mod_HuntingRifle _Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003c3450||mod_HuntingRifle_Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003c345f|
|Lever action rifle||miscmod_mod_LeverGun _Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003c3456||mod_LeverGun_Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003c3462|
|Pipe gun||miscmod_mod_Pipegun _Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003c344c||mod_Pipegun_Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003c3459|
|Pump action shotgun||miscmod_mod_PumpActionShotgun _Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003c3453||mod_PumpActionShotgun_Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003c6554|
|Submachine gun||miscmod_mod_SubmachineGun _Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003c3454||mod_SubmachineGun_Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003c3460|
- Crafted at a weapons workbench after acquiring the plans via the Fire Breathers master terminal during the Search Big Bend Tunnel for Survivors quest.
- The 10mm pistol, 10mm submachine gun and assault rifle plans are unlocked freely from the terminal regardless of quest completion.
- The handmade rifle, pipe gun and submachine gun plans are unlocked upon obtaining Allemane's code from her body at the Big Bend Tunnel West entrance.
- The double-barrel shotgun, pump action shotgun and combat shotgun plans are unlocked upon obtaining Cominsky's code from her body inside the Big Bend Tunnel.
- The combat rifle, hunting rifle and lever action rifle plans are unlocked upon obtaining Holstein's code from her body at the Big Bend Tunnel East entrance.
- The individual weapon mods are sold by Vendor bot Mack in the Charleston Fire Department.
- Prior to patch 126.96.36.199, when the Scorched killer's receiver was placed onto the combat shotgun, combat rifle, double-barrel shotgun, hunting rifle and submachine gun, the resulting weapon was turned legendary or given an extra legendary star.
- Despite being listed as having a component value of 2 steel, scrapping the mod will not generate any materials.
- PC When applied to the hunting rifle, the mod causes the bullet to simply not fire, and no muzzle flash, bullet hole or damage against a target is produced, despite a round being consumed and the rechamber animation playing.[verified]
- PC It is possible that the game fails to acknowledge, that the required Code is in the players inventory, thus giving the access denied screen and leaving one unable to learn the modifications. [verification overdue]
- This can be fixed by dropping the Code in question from the inventory and picking it up again while standing near the Master Terminal.