The Scorched killer's receiver is a weapon mod in Fallout 76 for the 10mm pistol, the 10mm submachine gun, the assault rifle, the combat rifle, the combat shotgun, the double-barrel shotgun, the handmade rifle, the hunting rifle, the lever action rifle, the pipe gun, the pump action shotgun and the submachine gun.
Background[edit | edit source]
The Scorched killer's receiver was originally theorized by Hank Madigan upon an expedition to the AMS corporate headquarters in Watoga whilst he was a part of the Fire Breathers. Upon searching the headquarters, Madigan discovered scientific research that detailed the property of depleted ultracite reacting with regular ultracite to produce a corrosive substance. Madigan then speculated that this property of ultracite could be utilized in a weapon that fired depleted ultracite bullets to combat the Scorched.
This receiver was then designed for twelve different weapons, whose schematics were logged into a terminal that required passwords from Fire Breathers sergeants Allemane, Cominsky and Holstein. Some 10mm pistols were modified with this receiver and now serve as a standard-issue training implement for training Fire Breathers exploring the Belching Betty mine.
Effects[edit | edit source]
When applied to compatible weapons, the Scorched Killer's receiver mod will cause damage dealt with attached weapons to have a damage increase of 50% against the Scorched, whilst dealing 20% less damage to everything else. Weapons with the applied mod will then fire bullets with a blue muzzle flash, to denote the presence of the weapon mod.
Production[edit | edit source]
The recipe for this weapon mod varies depending on the weapon for which it is made:
Nuclear material (12-17)
Scorched killer's receiver (1)
|10mm submachine gun||6||5||5||9||12||15|
|Lever action rifle||6||5||5||9||12||15|
|Pump action shotgun||6||5||5||9||12||15|
ID Table[edit | edit source]
|10mm pistol||miscmod_mod_10mm _Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003C344B||mod_10mm_Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003C3457|
|10mm submachine gun||miscmod_mod_10mmSMG _Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003C344D||mod_10mmSMG_Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003C345A|
|Assault rifle||miscmod_mod_AssaultRifle _Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003C3452||mod_AssaultRifle_Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003C345B|
|Combat rifle||miscmod_mod_CombatRifle _Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003C344E||mod_CombatRifle_Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003C345C|
|Combat shotgun||miscmod_mod_CombatShotgun _Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003C344F||mod_CombatShotgun_Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003C345D|
|Double-barrel shotgun||miscmod_mod_DoubleBarrelShotgun _Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003C3451||mod_DoubleBarrelShotgun_Receiver _ScorchedKiller||003C345E|
|Handmade rifle||miscmod_DLC04_mod_HandmadeGun _Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003C3455||mod_HandmadeGun_Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003C3461|
|Hunting rifle||miscmod_mod_HuntingRifle _Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003C3450||mod_HuntingRifle_Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003C345F|
|Lever action rifle||miscmod_mod_LeverGun _Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003C3456||mod_LeverGun_Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003C3462|
|Pipe gun||miscmod_mod_Pipegun _Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003C344C||mod_Pipegun_Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003C3459|
|Pump action shotgun||miscmod_mod_PumpActionShotgun _Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003C3453||mod_PumpActionShotgun_Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003C6554|
|Submachine gun||miscmod_mod_SubmachineGun _Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003C3454||mod_SubmachineGun_Receiver_ScorchedKiller||003C3460|
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Crafted at a weapons workbench after acquiring the plans via the Fire Breathers master terminal during the Search Big Bend Tunnel for Survivors quest.
- The 10mm pistol, 10mm submachine gun and assault rifle plans are unlocked freely from the terminal regardless of quest completion.
- The handmade rifle, pipe gun and submachine gun plans are unlocked upon obtaining Allemane's code from her body at the Big Bend Tunnel West entrance.
- The double-barrel shotgun, pump action shotgun and combat shotgun plans are unlocked upon obtaining Cominsky's code from her body inside the Big Bend Tunnel.
- The combat rifle, hunting rifle and lever action rifle plans are unlocked upon obtaining Holstein's code from her body at the Big Bend Tunnel East entrance.
- The individual weapon mods are sold by Vendor bot Mack in the Charleston Fire Department.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Prior to patch 126.96.36.199, when the Scorched killer's receiver was placed onto the combat shotgun, combat rifle, double-barrel shotgun, hunting rifle and submachine gun, the resulting weapon was turned legendary or given an extra legendary star.
- Despite being listed as having a component value of 2 steel, scrapping the mod will not generate any materials.
- Prior to patch 188.8.131.52, when applied to the submachine gun, the mod causes the fire rate to be increased by 40%.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC When applied to the hunting rifle, the mod causes the bullet to simply not fire, and no muzzle flash, bullet hole or damage against a target is produced, despite a round being consumed and the rechamber animation playing.[verified]
- PC It is possible that the game fails to acknowledge, that the required Code is in the players inventory, thus giving the access denied screen and leaving one unable to learn the modifications. [verification overdue]
- This can be fixed by dropping the Code in question from the inventory and picking it up again while standing near the Master Terminal.