Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The scorched Sierra power armor is a suit of T-45d power armor that has been modified by the NCR for Colonel Royez. The left shoulder pauldron has been replaced with a hairless, taxidermied bear's head held in place by a green mantle with two bronze star medallion clips. The back-mounted power cylinders have been replaced by a more streamlined box unit with glowing green panels which also appear on the forearms. The armor itself is slightly blackened due to the nuclear detonation. The bolts on the armor appear to have once been plated in gold-flake, along with gold trim all around the armor.
Unlike NCR salvaged power armor, scorched Sierra power armor is still fully functional, retaining its servo-motors. As such, Power Armor Training is required in order to wear this armor. It provides a Damage Threshold of 24 and a bonus of Fire Resistance +25 and STR +1. It is unique in giving a health regeneration bonus of 2 HP per second. It can be repaired with T-45d and T-51b power armor variants, as well as marked men trooper and patrol armor.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The player character needs to nuke the NCR at the end of Lonesome Road to open up the Long 15 and gain access to the armor.
- Despite its appearance, the suit is not considered faction armor, therefore it can be safely worn in any location without repercussions.
- The armor's listed effect "HP +2" grants the wearer regenerative health, at a rate of 2 HP per second. This effect applies to non-player characters, such as companions, who wear the armor.
- The bear head does not appear to be a mutated bear's head.
- The armor looks as if it once was painted with gold trim.
- The armor lacks the -2 Agility found on normal T-45d power armor.
- The armor has only a +1 Strength compared to the normal T-45d power armor that has +2.
- The armor's health regenerating effect combines with the Monocyte Breeder to allow for more effective healing.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
|The following is based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Unused resources exist for a matching helmet to go with the Scorched Sierra power armor, featuring a green glow coming from the visor area. The mesh and corresponding textures are fully complete but were not incorporated into any armor or other console-obtainable item.
|End of information based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content.|
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Despite being fully functional power armor, anyone wearing the Scorched Sierra power armor will not receive extra EMP damage caused by weapons like the zap glove or pulse grenades. Though the bug affects the armor, the actual cause is the EMP effects themselves, which only check against a hardcoded set of armors rather than the game's dynamically updated "AllPowerArmor" form list.[verified]
- Xbox 360 When wearing this while sitting on Caesar's throne, the right shoulder pad will detach from the shoulder and move out over the chest. [verified]
Gallery[edit | edit source]